MGI VideoWave 4 Problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Candela, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Candela

Candela

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While trying to Capture my DV footage using the above software I get an error after only 20 minutes of capture advising that storage has been exceeded. I have an 80GB HDD which is fragmented into two (c: and d:). I have chosen the d: as the destination to save the completed file to as it has 37GB free space (c: only has 9GB free space).

Can anyone shed some light on what the problem may be? Any suggestions welcome and will be much appreciated.

Cheers.....

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Don't use that particular software myself but.........
    DV (.avi) is already a compressed format , is it trying to capture uncompressed .avi ?

Check your settings because uncompressed .avi eats up space very quickly.

(If you plan on doing a lot of DV editing I'd invest in a large 2nd hard drive solely to capture to.)

3. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the classic FAT32 problem.

Check what type of system your hard drive uses, if it is FAT32 then the biggest file size possible is around 4gb (usually around 18 mins of DV footage at normal compression).

The only way round this is to capture your footage in 18 minute chunks, then output your programme in chunks of no more than 18 minutes (once rendered).

More recent NTFS type drives will handle much larger files without a problem.