Quantcast

MG ZSEV Charging cables

Cabelloman

Novice Member
I purchased the MG ZS EV today, but there was only a 3 pin plug home charger in the boot with an empty space also. Should I have received a type 2 to type 2 lead also? Or just the 1 lead?

IronGiant

Coincidentally Mrs IG was looking at what you should get today. AFAIK you should have got an 8m type 2 lead.

Last edited:

IronGiant

On the other hand: 2 posts on the site owners MG Forum

Cardiff MG showroom confirm that the car does NOT come with the Type 2 to Type 2 cable but the granny charger ONLY. They referred me to Amazon to purchase it.

and:

Mg does not provide the type 2 cable as a free item you need to buy this and is far dearer from them if you do.
Better to buy from eco harmony and a pure ev company who also do wall chargers.

Cabelloman

Novice Member
Thank you everyone. I will purchase a cable myself then. I love the car, I just wish it had a phone app so I could pre heat etc and monitor charging but value for money it’s unbeatable

IronGiant

What did you go for? We are hopefully picking ours up in March.

avhation

Novice Member
I purchased the MG ZS EV today, but there was only a 3 pin plug home charger in the boot with an empty space also. Should I have received a type 2 to type 2 lead also? Or just the 1 lead?
I was told by the car salesman that the required Type 2 to Type 2 cable for use with a public charger was not included in the vehicle price because some customers would already have one from a previuos vehicle - make of that what you will. I have bought one for about £50 less than the dealer price. I looked for used ones on Ebay but saw none I fancied.