1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MFSL 24kt gold CDs

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Boink!, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Boink!

Boink!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Anyone know anything about the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab releases on 24kt gold CDs?

I have seen some of the UltraDisc and UltraDisc II titles about, but do they live up to the < audiophile > hype, or are they just snake oil.

Regards,

Jon

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    These discs show you just what can be attained with 16bit CD technology.....vastly superior to ordinary releases of the same discs,with superior imaging,and bass depth etc.

Have a look at www.mofi.com and www.vivante.co.uk

Another thing worth noting is the resale value and prices of end-of-stock CDs....in many cases about 10 times the original selling costs.

I am NOT connected with either of these companies,but am a very satisfied customer.....highly recommended....you only need to buy one to be convinced.

3. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WOW :clap:

Very chuffed I got my PF The Wall and Dark Side years ago when MF first put them out ...

Anyone want the 24 karat The Wall ? I'll go 10% under the MoFi/AMusicDirect price for their last one :rotfl:

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Chachi...good to hear you also like MoFi's discs....if you are offering items for sale,please use the classified section,not the main forums.

5. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Humblest apologies for any offense, but was completely tongue-in-cheek given MoFi/AMusicDirect's $550 pricetag for their last copy ...

6. ncpl

ncpl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  7. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    No offense taken,chachi......those prices are something though,aren't they...wish I'd seen a few of those as an "Investment opportunity" last year!....could have helped pay for some more gear!...seriously though,I think it does show the accepted worth of those discs.