mform wall mount for Pio-5090

bym007

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have just ordered the wall mount formy pio 5090 from mform (this one) after looking at their generally positive reviews here.

I have just realised that the connections at the back of the panel are horizontal rather than vertical (facing the back wall). Since this mount allows only 32mm clearance from the wall, I was wondering if that is enough space for putting cables through ?

Also, can someone provide some tips to mount this panel to a hollow wall. Many thanks in advance!

Hi

There's a selection of spacers in the fixing kit with which you can build the depth if you need to clear cables. This way, you can start slim and tailor your bracket to suit. If you need more depth then we can send you additional spacers FOC.

Regards
Graham

I'm probably installing the panel tomorrow, and if I need additional space behind, then I will be in touch definitely...

Thanks for your help!

Hi

Ok, no problem.

Just on the Hollow Wall issue; There are plenty of wall fixing points in this bracket so you should ideally find two studs in the wall to fit the bracket to. The mounting can then be reinforced in all other fixing positions using the hollow wall toggle fixings like these; Fischer Spring Toggles M6 x 75mm Pack of 20 - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

Hope this helps.

Regards
Graham

Just on the Hollow Wall issue; There are plenty of wall fixing points in this bracket so you should ideally find two studs in the wall to fit the bracket to. The mounting can then be reinforced in all other fixing positions using the hollow wall toggle fixings like these;

I tried mounting my panel yesterday without much success. The wall is probably made of fiber board, (about 10 cm in thickness altogether) and does not let any screws set in. I was wondering if it is possible at all to get the mount installed ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Has anyone successfully installed one of these for a 5090 as per original posters question? I too am worried that there will not be enough room for SCART or component cables. Even HDMI connectors protrude around 40mm:confused:

Hi

We've sold many of these brackets with this TV and had no come-back for additional spacers etc. The bracket is 32mm deep and there are enough spacers in the kit to get an extra 20mm. The cables are also recessed in the TV which gives you some extra. As mentioned above, if you end up needing more room then we can send extra spacers and longer fixings but, from our feedback, I don't think it's necessary.

Regards
Graham

Hi

We've sold many of these brackets with this TV and had no come-back for additional spacers etc. The bracket is 32mm deep and there are enough spacers in the kit to get an extra 20mm. The cables are also recessed in the TV which gives you some extra. As mentioned above, if you end up needing more room then we can send extra spacers and longer fixings but, from our feedback, I don't think it's necessary.

Regards
Graham

Thanks Graham. Without hijacking this thread, does the bracket reccomended above come with suitable fixings for a brick wall?

cheers

Hi

We don't include wall fixings with any of our brackets. With so many different wall types and weights/sizes of TV it would be impossible to include a 'fits all' fixing that wouldn't be a compromise or push the overall cost up. We have recommended Fischer fixings available on our site, otherwise it's B&Q, Homebase, Screwfix....

Best Regards
Graham

Hi

We don't include wall fixings with any of our brackets. With so many different wall types and weights/sizes of TV it would be impossible to include a 'fits all' fixing that wouldn't be a compromise or push the overall cost up. We have recommended Fischer fixings available on our site, otherwise it's B&Q, Homebase, Screwfix....

Best Regards
Graham

Thanks again Graham,
The fixings you recommend are 100mm deep. I aim to fix onto an internal (single) brick wall and these would be too big. Would the following suffice for your bracket and how many fixings would you recommend?

Fischer Bolt Type Shield Anchors M6 x 60mm Pack of 5 - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

I know this may not be the safest or even ideal option in the eyes of some. But I got sick of the wall problems and in the end, I just took 4 long threaded screw rods (long enough to come out of the wall at other side) and bolts and washers to go on both sides. From there, it was plain sailing (err... drilling). But the thing works and is really sturdy!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom