1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mf a308 or avi lab series

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by julianf, Jul 5, 2004.

1. julianf

julianf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for some veiws on the mf a308 integrated amp & the avi lab series integrated amp - i have listened to both in the s/rooms and was very impressed with both. i am currently running cyrus cd8+psxr as source into nad c162 pre + 2x nad c272 power amps vertically bi-amped - speakers mission 783s - the local dealer wont allow home auditions - i know it boils down to listening to each unit - but i would like some veiws as to what would be considerd the right way to go.

2. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    If you are serious about buying the amp and a home dem is not available I suggest you take your CD player and speakers to the shop if at all possible, bit of a drag I kmnow but you will be in a position to decide which is better with your existing kit.

Have you ruled out a Cyrus amp?

Gus

3. julianf

julianf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Took your suggestion and finally left shop with the mf308 a notable upgrade on the nad setup - i am really pleased with the new amp. i did look at the cyrus 8 + prsx first but i felt it was not substantial enough improvement over existing kit bt thankyou for the suggestion. i am currently using chord cobra interconnects & qed airlock speaker cables - any suggestions were i might improve on these would be appreciated.

cheers

Julian

4. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Welcome to the MF club :)

I am currently using Chord Odyssey 4 biwire speaker cable and Chord Chameleon Silver Plus interconnects.

Considering a move to Townsend Isolda or one of the higher up Chord cables.

Also heard good things said about Kimer cables.

I tried QED SA biwire but felt the Chord Odyssey was better, not in the same way as when you change a component but I thought it was worth the change.

Best to borrow some from the dealer rather than buying or do as I did and get them used from ebay etc then you can sell on at little loss if there is no improvement. Cables can cause a fair few arguments :D

HTH

Gus