MEX-1GP Versus CDX-GT700D

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by petermh73, Aug 28, 2006.

1. petermh73

petermh73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,

Looking for a replacement head unit and wondered if anyone had either of the above units and could pass comment on them. Has to be Sony as it will link up to my existing autochanger.

I like the idea of hving the inbuilt storage and wondered how accessible the music was once on it and what the sound quality was like.

The GT700D has the newer DSO on and was wondering if this would make that much difference to sound quality using standard VW sepakers in a polo.

Many thanks

Peter

2. Ataripower

Ataripower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Bought the Sony MEX-1GP last week. Previously used a JVC with SD card slot. Sony is superb 10/10 and has exceeded all my expectations. Superb menu layout and easy to access all music whether in folders or not. Highly recommend. Just wish it had more than 2 outputs!!

3. petermh73

petermh73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers Andy, mine got fitted this morning so looking forward to having a play with it tonight. What compression are you putting mp3's at to get decent quality?

Cheers Peter

4. Ataripower

Ataripower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    I'm ripped my mp3's at 192 and they sound great. Pretty impressed with the look and feel of the Sony. Hope your happy with it.