Metroplan Eyeline IR screen - opinions?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Shimrod, Jul 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Shimrod

Shimrod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I've just bought an Epson TW6700 which has replaced an Optoma GT1080e. I only had the latter for a few days (faulty power socket), but it was enough to convince that I wanted the big screen experience but wanted something permanently mounted.

I'm now looking for a ceiling mounted screen as I'm currently using a Celexon tripod screen that is set up in front of the TV. I haven't got any fixed budget but was aiming for around £350 as an upper end. While browsing I've come across the Metroplan Eyeline IR, which is in clearance on the Metroplan website for around 1/3 it is selling for at other retailers, but I can't find any reviews (really for any Metroplan screens).
    Eyeline IR Electric Screen

Is this likely to be a reasonable match, or am I better looking at a manual screen for my budget? I like the idea of motorised, but want to get something that has a reasonable life. This will be going in a living room rather than a dedicated cinema room.

Thanks

2. Shimrod

Shimrod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I know I'm replying to my own thread, but given the lack of information on these screens this might be useful to someone. 18 months on the screen is working ok for me in a mixed use environment (light walls and ceiling). The screen has developed a slight wrinkle in the lower right of the screen, but it is not (yet) noticeable when watching a film. The model bought was a SEW18