Metroid: Samus Returns

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just announced.

Reimagined version of gameboy Metroid 2.

2017-06-13_18-07-35.jpg

Looking forward to this even though I played the original but I am not paying the £39.99 Amazon are currently asking for it.

Special Edition of this was available to pre order through Game online. Sold out within an hour. Might try instore if i get chance in the week.

Have never completed a Metroid game so going back to the original NES version from the estore to fix that..

Have never completed a Metroid game so going back to the original NES version from the estore to fix that..
Metroid Zero mission was a remake of the original NES game. If you have the ability to play that on Wii U virtual console, that's a better version to play.

Metroid Zero mission was a remake of the original NES game. If you have the ability to play that on Wii U virtual console, that's a better version to play.

Ooh good shout, thanks. I've still got my DS Lite so could get hold of the GBA cart. Not sure if my compulsions would force me to complete them in order though..

Ooh good shout, thanks. I've still got my DS Lite so could get hold of the GBA cart. Not sure if my compulsions would force me to complete them in order though..
Does this point towards super metroid being the next candidate for a remake? I'm very down with that in HD on the switch.

Does this point towards super metroid being the next candidate for a remake? I'm very down with that in HD on the switch.

I imagine they'll stick with 2D on the handhelds, and go down the Prime route for the Switch.

Anyone buy the collector's edition from Nintendo and get it yet? Looks like they sent this second class post.

Mine's not arrived. It normally takes two days, but they didn't send it until yesterday, so I am hoping it arrives tomorrow.

Only managed to play for a little while yesterday but it was great to hear that Metroid music again. Can't wait to get stuck in.

I missed the pre order, went to Game yesterday, first one in the shop, no Legacy Edition, what to do, I don't normally purchase from scalpers but forked out £109 for it, am I mad, don't answer that.

I missed the pre order, went to Game yesterday, first one in the shop, no Legacy Edition, what to do, I don't normally purchase from scalpers but forked out £109 for it, am I mad, don't answer that.
It was in stick on their website yesterday morning. Not had a chance to play yet but opened it so see what it looks like and I do love the steelbook case.

It was in stick on their website yesterday morning. Not had a chance to play yet but opened it so see what it looks like and I do love the steelbook case.

Yes I saw, I kept clicking for about an hour, I don't know why they had it up on their site, it kept coming back with "not currently in stock" I did try though.

It is a great LE though. I remember forking out 100 for Fire Emblem Fates LE, albeit the RRP of that was 80, but it did feel sore.

If you are willing to pay it, it's worth it to you [emoji106]

I've plugged in 12 hours into this and I'm under 40% complete. Absolutely immersed in it. I loved"Other M" regardless of the criticisms, but it has been far too long since there has been a 2D Metroid on the scene.

How long does this take to actually finish? I've sunk about 5 hours in to a borrowed copy but if I'm not even half way through I might grab my own copy and replay it from the start. Took me a while to get it to click but I'm really enjoying it once you get past how different it is to the old 2d metroids.

Loving this so far! Has just enough of the old metroids to make it part of the family, but also plenty new to keep it fresh.

I finished it at the weekend, 100% took about 12-13 hours which is a decent length for a portable title. I'd love to see a super metroid remake like this on the switch. I'm attempting axiom verge now, very metroid like but I'm not enjoying it as much having just played Samus returns

I wish they'd have done a physical Wii U/3DS release for AV. Just not into my eshop only releases.

Got a Samus Returns 3DS menu theme for the first taker, maybe haha.

I think it should work, basically I redeemed it off My Nintendo but I forgot I already had it on my 3DS. So hopefully it will still work for someone else. The code is:

B18PLFX92V6DC5

Got a Samus Returns 3DS menu theme for the first taker, maybe haha.

I think it should work, basically I redeemed it off My Nintendo but I forgot I already had it on my 3DS. So hopefully it will still work for someone else. The code is:

B18PLFX92V6DC5
Last chance!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom