1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metroid Prime - Omega Pirate help!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by James45, Mar 21, 2003.

1. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I'm about 50% through this amazing game but constantly losing to this ultra tough boss is becoming annoying.

so far I've;

+used missles to shatter his armoured knees and shoulders once
    +then used the appropriate beam weapons to take out the enhanced pirates that drop in
    +then fired a Super Missle at the cloaked Omega Pirate
    +shattered his knees and shoulders again

it's while fighting the second, larger wave of pirates that drop in that I usually run out of energy and die, usually at this stage I have just run out of missles as well (with a reserve of 90 at the start of the battle).

Any tips or tricks to help me beat this thing?

2. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ignore the other pirates. Just keep moving and shooting at him.

Neil.

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    Keep strafing around the pirate. Stayin as far away as possible, if he gets up close he can smack you around for 300 damage before you know it.

Wait for him to raise his arms up to lauch his shockwave attack, jump in the air when the shockwave gets to you then while in the air release a charged plasma beam to shatter the joints.

Once you remove all joints then space pirates will drop.... kill one of them by the time you do this the Omega Pirate will release a laugh, switch to X-Ray visor, charge up a power beam and release a power missile. While he is moaning, switch back to combat and finish up the remaining pirates.

Do this 4 times and he will die, just remember to always be moving and to use the strafe boost.

This boss is quite tough as it requires you to constantly change views and weapons.

4. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dude above has some good hints there

when metroid is visible:
    do as guys above says but i found it is quicker to shoot a combi pack (5 missiles) at him after he has sent the wave at you. He gets damagaed in one shot! If your timing is right

when he goes invisible
    kill one or two of the pirates as you can get some of their energy. if they are ice pirates they are dead easy to kill

when Omega goes invisible I would add that you dont have to shoot missiles at him while he is invisible just spower up a beam and shoot him twice. depending on how many missiles you have you may need to keep these to take off his armour in visible mode.

finally I tend to stick with power beam so you can easily use power combi missiles

finally finally i think omegapirate is much more than 50% of the game but im not sure.

5. mattr

mattr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Gawd, and I thought the large plant pot was tough. I can see me quitting the game when I get here. I mean these bosses aren't actually 'fun' or 'enjoyable' are they, it's not really something you do for pleasure and I reckon it spoils the rest of the game. For me anyway.

6. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    For me I find the bosses a real challenge, they are the only part of the game where you need to be really co-ordinated in using your weapons and visors. None have been overly annoying and I have usually defeated them in three attempts.

In using power missles to strip the joints that is good, but I did that for the last shot at the omega. I didn't want to waste valuable missiles for the first few "strippings" just in case I needed them later on when armor was low.