Metroid Prime Game Of The Year?

B

betamac

Well with 9.8 From IGN and 9.7 from Gamespot surely metroid prime will be game of the year its the best scoring game so far.And on a personal note i have mine pre ordered from the U.S the game looks incredible, the video review from gamespot has some fantastic footage and is well worth watching, i sure hope Nintendo spend alot of money in marketing this game this is certainly a system seller without a doubt

i think it will be the game of the year if not beaten by vice city, but i dont see that happeing as gta has already had 2 series on a 3d format ps2, but i do think this will be a great game as nintendo will try their best to make this game from a 2d to 3d conversion but it wont just be that it must have some excellant aspects in it if it is to be released and i think retro studious must have made this a halo beater

hmmm dont know where you heard that but none of the big 2 sites have even reviewd splinter cell yet, and although i have no doubt it will be a good game (i will be getting on the PC) it does not add anything different to any genres just anouther ghost recon with prettier graphics

IGN, OXM and someone else have reviewed it with an average score between the three of 97.3%

1 being a perfect 100%!

You cant go on those magazine you will find Metroid got a perfect score from 2 magazines including EGM, the 2 most people go on is IGN and Gamespot, i have no doubt it will get a great score but game of the year is not just about the best score its about originality as well and metroid has tons of that and splinter cell sadly has not its pretty much like any Tom Clancy game yet and i played em all.

I notice u say IGN have reviewed it well as of 18/11 they have not i have searched all over

splinter cell sadly has not its pretty much like any Tom Clancy game yet and i played em all.

I'll be buying them both- but Splinter Cell's like any other Tom Clancy game? Have you played SC? I don't remember and clancy title like it. The game has plenty of original touches and innovative things going for it. Metroid is more original yes, but don't knock SC down.

Originally posted by betamac
You cant go on those magazine you will find Metroid got a perfect score from 2 magazines including EGM, the 2 most people go on is IGN and Gamespot, i have no doubt it will get a great score but game of the year is not just about the best score its about originality as well and metroid has tons of that and splinter cell sadly has not its pretty much like any Tom Clancy game yet and i played em all.

I notice u say IGN have reviewed it well as of 18/11 they have not i have searched all over

ahhhhh whatsamatter someone burst your balloon.

Dom you naughty boy:D

pssst Im with you dom, Metroid is just another tarted up 3d shooter

I am not sure but i get the feeling you was talking about Dom bursting my balloon? WHY? he said it was reviwed by 3 magazines 1) IGN had NOT reviewed splinter cell when he posted and 2) he did not even name the supposed 3rd magazine.

What we know So Far

Splinter Cell
OXM 100%
IGN 9.6

Metroid
EGM 10/10
IGN 9.8

if metroid tops splinter cell on gamespot it is surely game of the year

Originally posted by betamac
I am not sure but i get the feeling you was talking about Dom bursting my balloon? WHY? he said it was reviwed by 3 magazines 1) IGN had NOT reviewed splinter cell when he posted and 2) he did not even name the supposed 3rd magazine.

What we know So Far

Splinter Cell
OXM 100%
IGN 9.6

Metroid
EGM 10/10
IGN 9.8

if metroid tops splinter cell on gamespot it is surely game of the year

why are you so worried about what others think of it?

isnt it more important what you think of it?

also if you like stats lets wait and see what the Getaway gets.

I think this game will either blow chunks or rock my balls off

cant wait for this, very excited indeed. We're due to get ours tomorrow so this should keep me busy for many hours to come.:)

its official igncube.com have asked many retailers from diffrent cities in america to tell them the sale figures for cell and metroid, metroid is selling at a quicker rate and in much more quantity it is also selling equally in ratio with its younger brother metroid fusion. but nnintendo shouldnt care if thier figures are beaten at the end of the day by this splinter cell game as it would be released on to their platform. but looks promising for the metroid series

i have just added 1 to the sale of metroid mine was sent from the states on wednesday should arrive Monday or Tuesday cant wait :)

betamac just let me know whats it like, i will have to wait for the pal version

Long wait apparently it wont hit U.K til febuary its worth investing in a U.S cube if you have the cash videogameadvantage charged me £150 for a U.S cube with metroid thats including shipping (ordered a cube for my mate at same time as metroid for myself)

pretty good price i thought

My copy of Metroid Prime was shipped a few days ago along with Suikoden III... I think its time for me to buy a new memory card as well. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long but then my subwoofer should arrive today and that'll keep me busy until then ^_^

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom