Metro Exodus

drinkturps

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I loved the Metro games and totally loved the book (2033). This looks pretty darn good. Metro in a sandbox environment and you can breathe the air!!

I've never played either of the Metro games. Is it worth picking up the Redux bundle (£24.99 on Steam at the moment)?

It isn't going to be an open world or sandbox game. Does look pretty good tho.

Metro Exodus isn't an open-world game | PC Gamer

And yes, both Metro games are good games, and well worth buying on discount (steam sale starts next week so if you miss the sale now, it will be on again next week)

It isn't going to be an open world or sandbox game.
I'm instantly more interested, really getting sick of sandboxes.

Starting to sound like like a modern day Stalker game, which is good.

Loved the Metro gmaes, only played them on Console, might try them again on PC, but this new one looks very interesting indeed.

Can't wait to play this! Loved STALKER and the two expansions, loved Metro 2033 & Last Light and then the redux versions.

Currently finishing the final book (Metro 2035) and very much looking forward to this next game.

This and Wolfenstein will make be a happy gamer.

The Metro games are hugely overrated - and this from a die hard STALKER fanatic. They had great gfx and atmosphere, but infuriatingly lousy gameplay, something which can not be simply overlooked. Still, worth trying, seeing as they mostly go cheap these days (any GOG sale for example).

Hope the new one will improve on the predcessors, however I'm still waiting for a proper STALKER follow up. This game was groundbreaking in so many respects...

I've never played either of the Metro games. Is it worth picking up the Redux bundle (£24.99 on Steam at the moment)?

Wait for a sale. It's regularly far cheaper:
IsThereAnyDeal.com

I never made it through Metro 2033 largely because it ran so badly on my system. Maybe I can finally get it to run well enough now :)

Wait for a sale. It's regularly far cheaper:
IsThereAnyDeal.com

I never made it through Metro 2033 largely because it ran so badly on my system. Maybe I can finally get it to run well enough now :)

Thanks, I actually ended up picking the package up on Steam over the weekend. When it's a little cooler and I can bear to be indoors for more than 10 minutes I'll see how I get on with them!

It's scheduled for release on the 15th Feb. Here's quite a lengthy play through. It looks really good.

However the specs are monstrous!
EDIT: Well not too monstrous.

metro exodus specs.png

Last edited:
It's scheduled for release on the 15th Feb. Here's quite a lengthy play through. It looks really good.

However the specs are monstrous!
EDIT: Well not too monstrous.

View attachment 1112316

It does look good. Ive not paid any attention to any of this game but this has proper peaked my interest.

Need it to crash in price :) cause im cheap.

It does look good. Ive not paid any attention to any of this game but this has proper peaked my interest.

Need it to crash in price :) cause im cheap.
lol, I doubt this will be a Fallout 76 and I can't remember the last time I paid full price for a game. Probably Fallout 4 on launch IIRC. I'm just worried my machine won't be able to do it justice. I wish we could go back to the old days when there were game demos and all this was fields..........

Oooooh.
Don't see many "day 1 purchases" now a days but...........................................

Metro Exodus will only release on the Epic Store, but Steam preorders will be honoured | PC Gamer

"We are delighted to partner with Epic to bring the digital PC version of Metro Exodus to market," comments Deep Silver CEO Klemens Kundratitz. "Epic's generous revenue terms are a game changer that will allow publishers to invest more into content creation, or pass on savings to the players. By teaming up with Epic we will be able to invest more into the future of Metro and our ongoing partnership with series developer 4A Games, to the benefit of our Metro fans."

it is understandable i guess.

88% of profit on epic store vs 70% of profit on steam. its a gamble, they will definitely lose sales by not being on steam though. The game is definitely on my radar, but i want to play the 1st 2 1st (i have the standard versions but may get redux ones before i put much time into it. (played the 1st game for maybe 30 mins).

isnt this just typical however. All markets get the valve tax savings passed onto them - except the UK.

. Now, on the Epic Games store, it's priced £41.99. (UPDATE CORRECTION: This UK pricing is incorrect. Metro Exodus costs £49.99 on the Epic Games store. The price saving does not extend to the UK. Sorry for the confusion.)

I dunno, i am not a fan of store exclusives really but i think they may be a necessary evil (store exclusives at least mean the game is still accessible for everyone at least). 1 way i would like to see tried would be coming from another angle.

Put a game on all stores, for the same base price, but then the store fee is added on top, that way the user can choose where to buy a game from but they pay the store fee on top. The difficulty there arises with multiplayer support but should not be an issue for single player or P2P games.

So where does that leave me, I have a steam key preorder on cdkeys. will they still provide a steam key?

So where does that leave me, I have a steam key preorder on cdkeys. will they still provide a steam key?

preorders on steam get a steam key AFAIK. i dont think anyone knows about the rest....

I guess the question is, is it being on epic store a deal breaker. if it is then it may not be worth the risk, if you would prefer it on steam but will accept it on epic then keep it.

Apparently people who email cdkeys support asking the question are just getting automated refunds.

A newer trailer.... needs age verification

just got my purchase refunded. Not happy. That is a lost sale, I was looking forward to playing this.

just got my purchase refunded. Not happy. That is a lost sale, I was looking forward to playing this.
Why did you refund it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom