Metriod Prime best game yet?

N

Nitro

I have played MP when the first day was release until today i have continues playing for finishing, and for all the things that i have see, its not a perfect game we all know that but is quite impressive maybe is the game of the year, but can MP be that really good to be Game of The Year?

Post your opinions. :)

I have spent some time with Metroid and in my humble opinion it absolutely pales in significance next the mighty Halo, although it is not strictly the genre i felt it lacked by comparison in graphics, control and gameplay, another load of hype that doesn't really deliver me thinks.
It is not however a bad game by any stretch of the imagination but certainly not game of the year for me.

Steve.

Hmmm.. and me thinks Steve's review sounds like a xbox lovers plant. If he had spent any significant time with Metroid then I am sure hw would tell you what a fantastic game it is. It has many many gameplay elements from exploration to shotting to racing against time. The only downside for me is the scanning which is a bit yeahyeah

Sorry steve I am just not sure about your remarks at all. I have heard noone else say this is only an ok game. And oddly i think Halo is overrated, good but overrated.

Cat, pigeons, amonst...

i would humbly beg to differ, i pride myself on being as zealotless as possible, i own both an import GC and Xbox, PC etc and have had trouble finding/buying ANYTHING for ANY system since buying (an awful long time ago now) Halo.

Steve.

I'd like to get something straight. When exactly is Metroid Prime out in the UK? It was supposed to be released in December, then Novemeber, then I've seen that it isn't being released until March or something like that. I wanted to get it for Christmas too. When is it out? Or is it out now and I'm just stupid.... ?

I think Metroid game is the best game i have ever played on console or PC (although battlefiled 1942 comes close if you go on the multiplayer) i ave played Halo and to be onest its not a patch on metroid and my mate who owns the xbox completely agrees he's always coming to play metroid its just pure gaming genious :)

Prime is definitely NOT going to show here before Christmas. I think March is the current projected date. It does grate a huge amount that us PAL Gamecube owners won't see this OR Zelda this year - at least in USA and Japan they get one or the other. Freeloader will now be too late (if it ever shows up), so that avenue is closed off too.

MP seen like a FPS but is not almost all people think because is in FPS view is a first person shooter but is not, MP is a adventure game, a exploration game, if u want to play a First Person Shooter their are hundreds of good one out there, like Halo perhaps?
Is u want to buy a good FPS don't look for MP because you are wasting your time and money.

Quite frankly I couldn't compare Halo to Metroid Prime... Simply because they are in different genres. Much how I would not compare Zelda to Final Fantasy... But thats me.

Metroid Prime is a First Person Adventure... And if anyone has clocked an hour or more with it, then they will know that its not like a FPS... Hell at times it feels more like a platformer than a FPS <g>

Seriously though you couldn't compare the two as they both have different control schemes to deliberately distinguish between the two genres. Add that to the totally different goals and objectives in gameplay and the abilities you have within the game (morph ball, boost ball, spider ball, grappling hook, various suits etc etc).

For anyone to really compare Metroid to Halo would be incorrect IMO as they both stand tall in their own given genres.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom