Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth & Anthrax live cinema broadcast

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
it may well be that I'm just completely out of the loop on this, but did anyone else know this was going on?
I knew the bands were going to be doing a "once in a lifetime" festival appearance together... but until I just got the weekly mailshot from my local cinema I had no idea it was being broadcast live via satellite to multiplexes across the globe on Tuesday :thumbsup:

From the VUE cinemas website....

Big Four: Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax
Running time: 255 minutes
Released on: 22/06/2010

Synopsis
For one night only: Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax perform on one stage together – broadcast live via satellite.

The Big Four: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica will feature nearly 4 hours of live performances and behind-the-scenes from the Sonisphere Festival in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Says Lars Ulrich/Metallica of this historic tour announcement: "Who would have thought that more than 25 years after its inception, thrash metal's big 4 would not only still be around and more popular than ever, but will now play together for the first time...what a [email protected]*$ Bring it on!"
Echoes Megadeth main man Dave Mustaine, “This is a ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ opportunity for Heavy Metal “Fans” to see the four greatest Heavy Metal “Bands” in American History back together on one stage.”

Tue 22nd Jun 18:30

Cheaper than a flight to Bulgaria, I should imagine :smashin:

Did anyone else know they were sending it out live?

probedb

Banned
...and showing in some very bizarre locations yet missing out other major cities. Pity really as I'd have loved to see it :)

F1Fan72

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom