Metal Gear Survive (Open Beta)

Kinetic Frenzy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Don't know a sausage about this game but there's an open beta available for it on PSN :smashin:

Obviously feel free to discuss its merits and short comings below...

Ugh. F Konami :rtfm:

OK, downloading so I can give an informed opinion...

Last edited:
I take it from a lack of anything that this is a whole load of 'meh'?

In fairness i'm part of that 'meh' as i haven't exactly rushed to download it let alone try it :D

Kotaku has a decent article: Metal Gear Survive is Hardcore to a Fault

tl;dr great MGSV base, over complex survival mechanics and busy-work, lacks (Kojima) soul. People have moved onto PUBG like survival games, so Survive feels dated.

Tried it on xbox before downloading on ps4.
Ps4 will not see a download of it utter crap.

F Konami!

Loaded it up for the first time this morning. Spent a bit of time on the character customisation screen then started the game. After a few minutes I kind of thought that I'd spent more time creating my character than actually playing the game. You spawn in with a handgun, spear and machete and I though that you'd be able to pick other gear up ingame but you can't. Went back to the base screen afterwards and had a look around and was able to equip an assault rifle, sawn off shotgun and a bow and arrows.

Actually kind of enjoying it now but won't be paying anymore than a tenner for it if I ever do buy it

Got the game on Thursday and really enjoying it so far. First few hours are a bit frustrating until you get the survival bow and the ability to purify water but overall it's very good .
Campaign actually feels a bit like fallout hardcore mode as you have to keep an eye on your food and water intake ( and oxygen levels for the areas covered in dust clouds)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom