• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Pre-Order Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
I've been looking at around 20 or so online retailers trying to get the best price for Metal Gear Solid 4.

The best so far are....

Gameplay £39.99 with 11% quidco = £35.59 delivered

Choices UK - £34.49 with 5% back from quidco = £32.77 delivered

The Hut - £35.93 with 5% back from quidco = £34.13 delivered

Game.co.uk £39.99 to £36.99 using £3 off code "MODGAMER" and 11% quidco = £32.92 delivered.

ASDA £34.93 with MAY25 code (expires 27th May) and 2.5% quidco = £31.13 (Game no longer available for the moment)

If anyone can find cheaper please post :smashin:

Zeromajor

Will the "experience 08" code work with this too?

I've used that code with it, but not quidco. Afaik you can only enter one promotional code when ordering from play.

Does anyone know how/if we (the ones who've ordered from play) will recieve the saga vol 2 disc?

KingMax

Will the "experience 08" code work with this too?

It only works with 1 order per account as far as I'm aware. So yea if you haven't used it yet.

How much discount can you get with GAME.co.uk via quidco?? Is it 11% or 3%, is there the usual £3 off code either??

MooseMullay

The problem with the headset, is that's all you get as well as the game.

No blu-ray disc, no LE artwork, no 6" figure (yay).

I can't seem to find an email address for play.com to ask about MGS4, but there is a phone number which I'll try later.

Hubba-EX

Shame about the gameplay code - I was just about to use it.

Anyway, watch out for Lovefilm - they are part of The Hut and Dixons, and the prices are usually the same. But for some reason they dont have MGS4 listed.

But when they do list it, it should be £34.95 (like the hut), but they also do a 5% off code (LFDVDC5) and the normal 5% quidco - so that should make it easily the cheapest. Only when/if they list MGS4 though...

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Anyone?

I'd like the recap of the Saga disc too, but dont want the special edition with the figure.

Zeromajor

According to the konami announcement, the saga 2.0 dvd will be available to all uk pre-orders.

What's not been announced is how exactly we're going to get our hands on it. I'm wagering that you'll pick it up alongside your copy of the game on release day.

Even so i'm not sure where that puts those of us who've pre-ordered online. Did anyone get an email back from play?

MooseMullay

Ok, I just phoned Play.com to ask about Metal Gear Saga, and they said that if it doesn't actually state that you get the disc, then you don't get it, and unless Play.com haven't actually been told they're getting it yet, then they're not getting it :p

So basically, as of now, no, you don't get Saga with play.com pre-orders, but its possible they still haven't been informed and updated the website...

Bushido

The Hut has £3 off any order over £25 - but only today. Use the code HUT3

With 5% quidco that makes it cost £30. Nice.

Im going to cancel with Game and go with them I think. Saving me £5!

winstano

Ok, I just phoned Play.com to ask about Metal Gear Saga, and they said that if it doesn't actually state that you get the disc, then you don't get it, and unless Play.com haven't actually been told they're getting it yet, then they're not getting it :p

So basically, as of now, no, you don't get Saga with play.com pre-orders, but its possible they still haven't been informed and updated the website...

Grrrr... That's annoying. *really* want the DVD, but at the same time I really want the SE of the game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom