Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

addyb

Distinguished Member
Got my copy today. Gonna bang it on in a bit. Loved the demo and judging by reviews and other peoples thoughts across the net the majority are having lots of fun with it.

:)

benny

addyb said:
Got my copy today. Gonna bang it on in a bit. Loved the demo and judging by reviews and other peoples thoughts across the net the majority are having lots of fun with it.

:)
Yep, the game is a stunner, couldnt get the hang of parrying on the demo,
Once you know what your doing this game is pure heaven, you feel like a god the way you take out some of the enemies on this, the action is off the charts, looks and sounds excellent but plays even better, freshest game for good while,
And contender for game of the year imo,
Technically its a masterpiece running at 60fps.

Foster

Distinguished Member
I'll be picking this up Monday, just traded in loads of games.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Didn't have chance to play it last night so hopefully tonight ill get to start it.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Just done the opening chapter. Great stuff. Loving it already. The combat and free blade mode is just tons of fun.

Doc Syn

Have to admit I'd not even bothered with the demo till this morning but after trying it I grabbed the full game in town today and loving it.

Just got to Blade Wolf, who kicked my butt big time at first. But after getting a better bead on the parrying I turned the tables on him nicely.

Really glad I gave into temptation on this one.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Have to admit I'd not even bothered with the demo till this morning but after trying it I grabbed the full game in town today and loving it.

Just got to Blade Wolf, who kicked my butt big time at first. But after getting a better bead on the parrying I turned the tables on him nicely.

Really glad I gave into temptation on this one.
Yeah blade wolf wiped me a couple of times until i got the timing right. Loved the whole prologue before it that leads to raidens upgrades.

addyb

Distinguished Member
The worst enemy in this game can be the camera angles. For the most part its absolutely fine for me but on occasion it can put me at an awkward viewing angle.

As for the game well I've literally just beat blade wolf, took out the chopper across the falling bridges then saved it.

Doc Syn

Yeah the camera can be pretty dire at times when you're trying to keep track of a number of attacking enemies.

Gave up on the bridge last night since it got too late and my old brain couldn't cope with running into the camera, so I kept running backwards off the edge.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
On the demo I had trouble with the camera in that I play with inverted camera all the time, yet in the blade mode or whatever it was called I press L2 and the camera for aiming went back to normal.
Has anyone noticed a setting to have both on inverted? I only gave the demo 10 mins then had to switch off.

addyb

Distinguished Member
On the demo I had trouble with the camera in that I play with inverted camera all the time, yet in the blade mode or whatever it was called I press L2 and the camera for aiming went back to normal.
Has anyone noticed a setting to have both on inverted? I only gave the demo 10 mins then had to switch off.
So inverted for camera and blade controls? I will check later when i have a session on it.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
So inverted for camera and blade controls? I will check later when i have a session on it.
Yeah, demo seemed to only have inverted camera but not blade?

Cheers.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Just checked options and can just see settings for camera vertical and horizontal. Doesn't appear to be any for the blade controls.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Ok cheers for looking mate. Bit disorientating flipping from one to the other. I'm sure I'll get used to it when I pick it up in the future.

Scott23

I'm playing the demo. Is there any way to lower the sensitivity down for the L stick? I can slash on it but the camera keeps flying up when I touch the L stick. Any ideas? Ruining what seems to be an otherwise great game :(

addyb

Distinguished Member
I'm playing the demo. Is there any way to lower the sensitivity down for the L stick? I can slash on it but the camera keeps flying up when I touch the L stick. Any ideas? Ruining what seems to be an otherwise great game :(
By default you use the right stick to swing your sword when in blade mode and the left stick moves the camera. Not had any issues with sensitivity myself but looking at the options there appears to be settings for sensitivity.

Stuck another couple of hours into this and for me it just gets better and better. Zandatsu (blade mode) never gets old and slicing and dicing is just a blast.

Great game. :)

Foster

Distinguished Member
Loving the game so far, some of the bosses are stupidly hard :eek:

addyb

Distinguished Member
Yep just did a boss called monsoon. Beat him on 3rd attempt but jeez got hammered on first 2 attempts.

Foster

Distinguished Member
Yep just did a boss called monsoon. Beat him on 3rd attempt but jeez got hammered on first 2 attempts.
that was who I got owned by xD.

Foster

Distinguished Member

Foster

Distinguished Member
Fantastic game, I really wanna go for platinum but some of those trophies will be a ballache.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Yeah I'm near the end now i think. Just on sundowners tail! Once finished i just think I'm going to move it on straight away. I've a major list of games to play. Lol.