• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Metadata query

Graham N

Hi, I have been posting in the Oppo thread on the Blu ray forum and in the Mede8er thread. Most of my issues weren't directly related to those machines though. I was having problems getting my new QNAP NAS drive working through the Oppo and directly to the Onkyo.

I have now converted my music to FLAC and sorted out the missing metadata. Program's used were Freerip and MediaMonkey.

I am still considering getting a Mede8er 600 but even if I don't I was wondering if it is possible to fix the following issue.
When viewing Albums by the cover I would like my compilation album songs to show up in one cover. The only ones that lists all songs in an album next to one cover picture are single artist albums and compilations where the artists are all listed as various etc. A few of my compilation albums have the artists name listed so under albums it shows one album cover for each song/artist.

Obviously I could rename each artist as various artists but is there any way I can link them together to show under one album picture.

Thanks

Graham

Graham N

Sussed it. I had look at a compilation that was working as expected and compared it to one that wasn't. What has got me baffled is that the fix was something I thought I had already checked and hence why I asked for advice in the first place.

In the Artist column the working compilation had "various artists" selected and the others didn't. I was sure I had checked this, more than once, duh.

Graham

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom