Metacritic Top 20 PS3/360

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparced

Established Member
Reaction score
The games are currently evenly matched on both Sony and Microsoft systems. Out of the top 20 rated titles on Metacritic roughly four or five are only exclusive to each one.

Both: Grand Theft Auto IV, BioShock, Orange Box, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six Vegas, Virtua Fighter 5, Burnout Paradise, GRID, Unreal Tournament 3, Devil May Cry, Skate, Ninja Gaiden (Sigma).

360: Gears of War, Halo 3, Forza Motorsport, Mass Effect, Rez HD (XBL)

PS3: Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Resistance: Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Warhawk.

In the next two weeks Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) can be added for certain to that list. Ninja Gaiden II (360) reviews already out and not favourable enough.

I think that now gives the PS3 the edge. Looking further ahead Sony have the stronger line up for this year, Little Big Planet will be massive and what I'm most looking forward to.

This is the turning point.

warhawk and motorstorm :rolleyes: they must be joking,there both average at best imo.

Since when was Bioshock classed as both?
Though it could be further indication of it appearing on the ps3 pretty soon.

The top 5 exclusive games on metacritic

360 - Bioshock 96%, Gears of War 94%, Halo 3 94%, Mass effect 91%, Forza 2 90%.

PS3 - Ratchet and clank 89%, Uncharted 88%, Ninja Gaiden(Sigma) 88%, Resistance 86% Warhawk 84%

360 top 5 = 93%
PS3 top 5 = 87%

Of course it's very likely that MGS4 will improve that and be the PS3's first 90% game I'm certainly excited for it.

Bioshock wil be on the PS3 but not for another 6 months or so (a year after the 360) and so there is no way you can include it atm.

Your article is misleading though and factually inaccurate, as far as I can see the top 20 list only includes 2 PS3 exlusive games (maybe only 1). If you look at the top 20 360 games and then try to slot in the higest PS3 exclusive games the only one to get into the top 19 is ratchet and clank at 89% (which slots in somewhere between 13th and 19th) all are 89%

Come back and write the same thing at Christmas time, you will probably be accurate at that point at the moment it's nonsence.

Both consoles have a great line up for the year, I can't wait for MGS4 and littlebig planet on the PS3 and Gears of War 2, Fable 2 and Too Human on the 360

Well game reviewers are all a bit screwed up. It's a world where "average" dosent mean average, and factors like how much a publisher is paying in advertising to you can effect things.

I only give a vague nod to Metacritic, and hardly take it as a definitive that's how good/bad a game is :lesson:

Some of the titles you've listed as 'both' are a bit misleading:

The Orange Box: Technically inferior on the ps3
Bioshock: Not actually out yet on the ps3
GRID: Same as above
Virtua Fighter 5: Does not have online play on the ps3 so in effect it's half (or more than half) the game than the 360 version.

And I suppose if you were to nitpick you could mention that Rez is available on the ps2 (not in hd)

Metacritic's a weird one as some of the places they take scores from are newspapers/'gaming' blogs and other places which know next to nothing about what they're reviewing. It's not wholely accurate but it's a good indication if a game's good or bad.

The OP's statment is completely inaccurate, its not worth my time debating somebody who draws such conclusions based on the facts at hand.

Although the OP is factually inaccurate i do agree with the general idea of his post.

For me the xbox just has the nod on the ps3 games-wise at the moment, but with exclusives due out soon such as mgs4, little big planet, resistance 2, killzone 2 etc the ps3 will become the better console when it comes to games.

Although the OP is factually inaccurate i do agree with the general idea of his post.

For me the xbox just has the nod on the ps3 games-wise at the moment, but with exclusives due out soon such as mgs4, little big planet, resistance 2, killzone 2 etc the ps3 will become the better console when it comes to games.

The Ps3 is starting to catch up but is a very long way still behind in terms of quality exclusive games library. I don't see how anyone can argue that the PS3 is the better console when it comes to games at any point this year.

I'm thinking Christmas 2009 when we will hopefully have the next final fantasy and the proper version of Gran turismo will be the first time you can look at the 2 consoles exclusives and perhaps chose the ps3 as the winner, but in 18 months time anything can happen so we will just have to wait and see.

The Ps3 is starting to catch up but is a very long way still behind in terms of quality exclusive games library. I don't see how anyone can argue that the PS3 is the better console when it comes to games at any point this year.

Exactly. It's going to take a few more years before it catches up with the PS2. :)

My PS3 still doesn't interest me in the slightest when it comes to games and the only one i'm actually looking forward to is Little Big Planet. I'm not sure i'll ever really buy many games on the PS3, any multi platform games i always buy on the 360 because of xbox live and none of the PS3 exclusives (other than the above) appeal to me at all.

bear in mind the 360 was out a year before the ps3 so isnt really that suprising that its games library isnt as vast as the 360s

different day, same old arguement. ps3 is better no wait 360 is blah blah blah..

tune in tommorow, same bat-time, same bat-channel. Will ps3 escape from the clutches of the 360 ?

I don't like the way this discussion is going. Please let's try and be a little more civil. If you can't have a constructive discussion without having a go at people then the thread will just have to be closed.

Is this a Sony preaching thread?

I'm happy with my PS3 but games in my opinion are still better on the 360. Forget all these numbers, Halo 3 was rubbish. I go off what I enjoy and I'm keeping my console penis firmly under my TV stand.

I think the PS3 is gaining ground, but it's not quite there yet. MGS and Little Big Planet are sure to do well, but don't forget about the 360's big guns, Gears of War 2 and Fable 2.

Forget about this year, it still belongs to the 360 imo. Christmas and next year is when the two consoles will /really/ duke it out. Which, I might add, I'm looking forward to immensely, as that type of competition typically means a good deal for the consumer.

Which is rare these days.

GOW isn't even that good. The only thing that made it special compared to all the other crappy FPS is the dialogue between the main characters. It was great :)

GOW isn't even that good. The only thing that made it special compared to all the other crappy FPS is the dialogue between the main characters. It was great :)

i didnt think much of gears of war either to be honest.apart from the chainsaw and the dialogue that is lol.

if we are talking true barn storming classics i think both console are lacking.

I don't like the way this discussion is going. Please let's try and be a little more civil. If you can't have a constructive discussion without having a go at people then the thread will just have to be closed.

This is one of the few times I'd agree with a thread being closed by a mod. The OP has stated as fact a completely inaccurate statement not backed up by the source he's quoted on a subject covered extensively in many other threads regarding PS3 vs 360. I fail to see how anything constructive or new will come from the discussion but the same old arguments given the start of the thread.

Sorry if this annoys anyone interested in this particular debate but I'm pretty sure its been done to death in the other 360 v PS3 v Wii threads.

The worms have been stirred and the op has headed off into the sunset, leaving everyone else to argue amongst themselves, very clever. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom