Metabrowser like software for audio... if any?

theraq

Hello,

(1st of all sorry if this is wrong section to ask... :confused:)

Recently finished my HTPC+Gaming machine setup (link to my post) :thumbsup:

I am using MetaBrowser for download movie details and pictures (Folder and backdrop) for my Media Browser.

Can any one please guide me is there any software avab. for audio meta download such as album details with folder image etc... got huge audio backup lib. but not all updated in old days used to ripped cd's without any id tags.

I do remember in old MS media player (not classic) we was able to download/update album details and it downloads all the info with album artwork but in new one I am unable to find that feature.

So, something like that (if any) out there can anyone please guide me.

Thanks

:lease:

mingleberry

You can definitely use WMP 11 to find metadata and album art - right click on an album title in WMP and select 'find album info'. It then takes you through a wizard to find the correct metadata.

Has worked well for me though I heard somewhere that the metadata is cached separately from the actual media files which would suck if you had to re-install your system from scratch as you'd have to re-find each album's metadata individually. I've never actually investigated this thoroughly though - can anyone confirm?

theraq

You can definitely use WMP 11 to find metadata and album art - right click on an album title in WMP and select 'find album info'. It then takes you through a wizard to find the correct metadata.

Has worked well for me though I heard somewhere that the metadata is cached separately from the actual media files which would suck if you had to re-install your system from scratch as you'd have to re-find each album's metadata individually. I've never actually investigated this thoroughly though - can anyone confirm?

That is not good enough... it will not rename files or folders or copy artwork in folder as per my experiance. Any third party tool will help better than MS products... I found this MP3TAG but with few bugs like not copy... cd cover image to folder etc.

Still looking for good application which will do all. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

theraq

Thank's will try it today

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom