Messing About on the Lake

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
Reaction score
Other than my first entry into the forum photo competition, there's a few more firsts. My first attempts at long exposure photos, my first use of b&w in processing, my first trip to the lakes and certainly my first time with selective colouring.

Took this yesterday morning, at Derwent Water, before heading home.

I would have liked to see some colour on the boat if it had any which would have made a better subject than just the posts.
Across the water I think you should desaturated all colour and just concentrated on this side.
Still a nicely subtle take on the theme.

Thanks for the welcome and feedback. The boat was brown in colour, so I went with the mossy green instead, it was too subtle without completely over saturating.
I was unsure of whether to stick with foreground colour or bring a little to the background, should have gone with my first instinct!

Really nice shot, just a shame there's some green in the background.

Nicely composed and well taken shot. I like the treatment, but as said before, that isolated touch of green in the distance doesn't add to the overall effect and in fact takes away from the total shot. However, an excellent entry and picture in its own right and congrats for getting it done.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom