Messed about by Samsung

coopertrooper

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice.

Got a 2 month old PS42S5H all well and good, however I have two issues with it:

1. Image retention when changing channels. I appreciate all the issues of screen burn etc, but if I watch for example Millionaire (for as little as 5 minutes) when I change channel I can still see the question/answer section at the bottom of the screen when the new chanel I watch displays a light image in that area. Also if I use the menu for 1-2 minutes when I turn it off I can still see the outline.
This retention does go away after a few minutes or if I do a screen wipe.

Is this normal?

2. Good old flashing blue light - Samsung have admitted its a problem, but do not have a fix.

Obviously I have paid £1300 for this and I am not happy.

Any advice on problem 1 appreciated.

On 1, how have you got the brightness/contrast controls set?

coopertrooper said:
Looking for some advice.

Got a 2 month old PS42S5H all well and good, however I have two issues with it:

1. Image retention when changing channels. I appreciate all the issues of screen burn etc, but if I watch for example Millionaire (for as little as 5 minutes) when I change channel I can still see the question/answer section at the bottom of the screen when the new chanel I watch displays a light image in that area. Also if I use the menu for 1-2 minutes when I turn it off I can still see the outline.
This retention does go away after a few minutes or if I do a screen wipe.

Is this normal?

2. Good old flashing blue light - Samsung have admitted its a problem, but do not have a fix.

Obviously I have paid £1300 for this and I am not happy.

Any advice on problem 1 appreciated.

That surely can't be right.
IMO, call an engineer out and show him.
You need a replacement/refund, I reckon.

coopertrooper said:
Looking for some advice.

Do yourself a favour and read the 'sales of goods act'.
That should help you out...........

Point 1: Engineer came out and said it was an issue (agreed with Samsung technical) then I got a call from Samsung saying because it wipes clear its fine.

Point 2: They have admitted its an issue but they dont know how to fix it.

Contrast is at 48, brightness is around 45.

Went to a shop today and tried theirs (brightness at 100) and the image stayed for about 5 seconds then gone!!!

I am down with the Sale of goods act...

Cheers guys.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom