Message This is the wrong card for this box

Azafran

Established Member
Reaction score
Have Sky recently changed the way they work? For the past few years I have been visiting Spain regularly and have an apartment with the same Sky box as I have in the UK. Whenever travelling, I simply took the card out of the UK box and popped in the other one.

This has worked fine, my previous visit to Spain was in July with absolutely no problems. This visit (end Aug), the TV popped up a message telling me that it is the wrong card for this box. The card is the same old blue with yellow house on it. I subscribe only to the cheapest basic package. I can still get Freeview in Spain. Any advice please?

The blue cards become tied to the box that they are paired with just before the white replacement card is issued. If your blue card is now tied to the one box, it means the white card that replaces it is imminent. Once you get it, you should still be able to use the white card in each box depending whether you are in the UK or Spain for all channels except the premium ones.

Many thanks for the replies so far, I did get a message flash up on the TV a week ago saying that a replacement Sky card was being sent to me. Nothing arrived, but it might be sitting on the door mat waiting for me when I return to the UK.

So, I guess that when I put the white card in, the blue one becomes unuseable?

Just to confirm, the replacement will still be portable and will still operate in both boxes?
Again - many thanks

Just to confirm, the replacement will still be portable and will still operate in both boxes?

Should be. My replacement white multiroom cards each allow me to watch the subscription non-premium channels when put in the wrong box just like my blue cards used to.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom