Message for Reiner

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Zone, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,507
    Hi Reiner!

Out of interest you seem to be one of the few people on this site who like the Tannoy MX range, I'm after a new set up my self. Am I presuming you have Tannoys in your own system?

Cheers
    Si

P.S You should really apologise for starting this silly craze you know!!

[​IMG]

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I am sorry, I am soooo sorry!

[​IMG]

As for the Tannoy's: I did own the Mercury series (M3, M2, Mc) and rate them highly for the money, excellent budget speakers with great sound and good bass - just the craftmanship was a bit - let's say - budget-like. But no complaints.
    So from there I take it that the Mx models will perform equally or better. Risky assumption some may claim but they have also been rated highly by mags and others, so I think it's a valid conclusion - but be advised that as usual you should listen first yourself before purchasing any (AV) equipment.

As well the craftmanship has improved as far as I could tell from the display models at an exhibition, so I think they are definetely worth considering if you are after some nice looking and well performing floor standers on a budget.

The reason I upgraded were the power handling, my A1 drove them too easy into distortion when increasing the volume to not-so-neighbour-friendly levels.
    Besides, looks does matter, even for speakers. For me at least ...

[ 24-10-2001: Message edited by: Reiner ]

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,507
    Thanks Reiner, as I would like to remain friends with both my neighbors ultimate volume is not essential, so your recomendation that they are value for money is all the confirmation I need. However, music does play a big part for me and I would like to use the floor standers as main stereo speakers, are they up to the job, musically that is.

Thanks in advance.

Si

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yep, I would recommend them anytime, for movies or music as I ran them (M3 in front) in a setup used with both.