Merry Christmas! Post What You Got Here...

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit early, I know, but post what superb Apple related kit you got in here.

Wonder what's the most random thing anybody gets...

Got a new Apple TV for the living room, two new Airport Express' plus a Fidelio 9000 now part of my airplay network...:)

I think we're going for a small-ish Samsung LED for the Kitchen, so an AppleTV might well be on the cards in the next few days.

I'm just reading about my 3 day ticket & pit pass to the Silverstone GP on my iPad 2...does that count!?!

I got a MacBook Pro and a Mobee Magic Mouse charger :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

nitro1471 said:
I got a MacBook Pro and a Mobee Magic Mouse charger :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I reckon nitro1471 has won the 'Best Christmas Prize' so far unless someone gets a MBP and iMac!

D-an-W said:
I'm just reading about my 3 day ticket & pit pass to the Silverstone GP on my iPad 2...does that count!?!

It's close enough for me! Nice gift fair play!

May be going for the geekiest Apple-related pressie lineup, but I got a Bluetooth 4 Low Energy (aka BLE) development kit from Texas.

AhbhdDBCQAE5iTc.jpg

Quite impressed seeing my iPhone 4S app talk to it. No special Apple accessory approval or jailbreaking needed to do that (over Bluetooth 4). It's a regular app using official existing APIs and can be put on the official app store . The range is excellent too, covers as much as my wifi network.

As this can be added to devices with a single chip costing about £2 in large quantities and essentially no setup is required (not even the old Bluetooth pairing) I reckon we'll see a lot of bluetooth-enabled things talking to apps in the coming year.

Might turn out somewhat of a little surprise from a often ignored new feature of the 4S.

Last edited:
gkpm said:
May be going for the geekiest Apple-related pressie lineup, but I got a Bluetooth 4 Low Energy (aka BLE) development kit from Texas.

Quite impressed seeing my iPhone 4S app talk to it. No special Apple accessory approval or jailbreaking needed to do that (over Bluetooth 4). It's a regular app using official existing APIs and can be put on the official app store . The range is excellent too, covers as much as my wifi network.

As this can be added to devices with a single chip costing about £2 in large quantities and essentially no setup is required (not even the old Bluetooth pairing) I reckon we'll see a lot of bluetooth-enabled things talking to apps in the coming year.

Might turn out somewhat of a little surprise from a often ignored new feature of the 4S.

I think this gets the prize of best Christmas gift IMHO! MacBook Pro is good, but this trumps it!

What you got planned for it? What App are you creating?

No worries if you don't want to say!

I have an iMac on its way, ordered boxing day so I still class it as a Christmas present!

iMum said:
I have an iMac on its way, ordered boxing day so I still class it as a Christmas present!

Technically Santa didn't bring it so doesn't count! ;-)

Enjoy it when it arrives fella.

bpsmith said:
Technically Santa didn't bring it so doesn't count! ;-)

Enjoy it when it arrives fella.

Oh well in that case all I got was money and jewellery, nice but nothing exciting!

iMum said:
Oh well in that case all I got was money and jewellery, nice but nothing exciting!

When is the iMac due then? Which model did you go for?

bpsmith said:
When is the iMac due then? Which model did you go for?

Hopefully Thursday :)
Just ordered the 21.5inch 2.7Ghz 1TB with no upgrades (recession lol)

Nothing for me, but I got my daughter an apple battery charger for her iMac wireless keyboard and mouse.

The only Apple related product I got this christmas was the Steve Jobs Biography. Cracking good read surprisingly!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom