• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Merlin - Series 3 (UK + Spoilers)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Some on-set photos from Series 3.

Merlin_Series3_07.jpg

Merlin_Series3_08.jpg

Merlin_Series3_06.jpg

Merlin_Series3_05.jpg

Merlin_Series3_04.jpg

Merlin_Series3_03.jpg

Merlin_Series3_02.jpg

Merlin_Series3_01.jpg

brian s

Distinguished Member
I was very surprised at how good the good the first series was but I lost interest and stopped watching during the second. I might give it another go.

Bri

meltonboy

Whilst for me this wasn't a "must-see", i did rather enjoy this for a tea time show.

I wonder if they'll bump off the king and move to Arthur being in charge? Possibly the series builds up to that.

MB

brian s

Distinguished Member
Whilst for me this wasn't a "must-see", i did rather enjoy this for a tea time show.

I wonder if they'll bump off the king and move to Arthur being in charge? Possibly the series builds up to that.

MB

It would be nice for them to move on

Bri

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
3rd series of Merlin will air on BBC One in September

Merlin star Colin Morgan has revealed that new episodes of Merlin will be darker than past instalments.

“Bad things are happening," he confirmed. "The third series is set a year in the future. We get straight into the action and we don't really hold back on a lot of the confrontations, and the changes in the characters are evident right from the very beginning."

He added: "Friendships are being forged and broken and reborn and burned again."

However, producer Julian Murphy insisted that comedy will still play a big part in the programme.

"It's still a family show," he claimed. "We're careful about what we do. We also keep a lot of humour. There's a fantastic story where a goblin (played by Mark Williams) appears, which is probably the funniest episode we've ever made."

tom 2000

Distinguished Member

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Heads up - Merlin's eye's light up again - Saturday 7.25pm BBC1 :)

The Tears of Uther Pendragon - 1/13

Last edited:

Buckster

Distinguished Member
enjoyed it tonight

don't know why- but its one of the few programmes on TV I actually look forward to

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
enjoyed it tonight

don't know why- but its one of the few programmes on TV I actually look forward to

Episode 1: The Tears of Uther Pendragon - 7.8/10

Agree very good start to the series 3, i was thinking it was too quick to find Morgana, but she played them, and even better when the giant black scorpions turned up :) but why did Merlin keel over? they made it look like one of the scorpions stung him, but looked odd as Merlin was not in the scene, i assume it was the enchanted chains?

Last edited:

brian s

Distinguished Member

Agree very good start to the series 3, i was thinking it was too quick to find Morgana, but she played them, and even better when the giant black scorpions turned up :) but why did Merlin keel over? they made it look like one of the scorpions stung him, but looked odd as Merlin was not in the scene, i assume it was the enchanted chains?

It certainly looked like he was stung. I was expecting there to be something to resolve or explain it but there was nowt.

Bri

Garrett

I thought they were a very deep brown, also it did show one of their stingers come over, then there was a a shot of Merlin and a thud and he keeled over, so Id say he was stung.

Look here about 42-43 min in. BBC - BBC One Programmes - Merlin, Series 3, The Tears of Uther Pendragon - Part 1

Rog69

Distinguished Member
I really liked Merlin at first but I got a bit fed up with the lack of an ongoing plot in the first series, it seemed to follow the same formula every week and end up back where it started every time, has it moved on from there or is it still the same?

Fen Star

I though it was pretty good, and looks like it could develop even better in the coming weeks. Also is it just me or does Morgana look even hotter nows she's evil...:D

Garrett

I really liked Merlin at first but I got a bit fed up with the lack of an ongoing plot in the first series, it seemed to follow the same formula every week and end up back where it started every time, has it moved on from there or is it still the same?

I thought at one point Arthur started to respect Merlin but seems hes back to treating him like a his stooge.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
It certainly looked like he was stung.
Bri

Yes i think my problem was the scorpions were quite a distance away, and when they did show a tail strike, they did not show it in the same shot as Merlin which is usually the normal in films, and then the scorpion was again a distance away in the next shot.

So Merlin called for the dragon was a good touch, whilst he did his best to keep the predators away at night.

tom 2000

Distinguished Member

klacey

I enjoyed it. I liked the fact there is some scale to army sizes, instead of seeing like 20 soldiers, you see thousands marching.
And yeah i think he was stung. I like the evil side to Morgana. Be intersting to see what Merlin can do 1 year on.

Garrett

Am I the only one who'd rather have Angel Coulby/Guinevere?

:smashin:
Bri

Go for it your road may be clear, Ill be beating my opposition with a very large and heavy spiked stick to get to Morgana:laugh:

tom 2000

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom