1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meridian 568.2 and Lip sync

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Hawklan, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Hi

Do any of you guys have experience with the 568.2 and projected images

I am looking to upgrade to the processor from a Tag AV32R to use with a JVC Dila G15 projector

The image size I will be projecting with be to 6 to 10 ft wide, viewing distance will be approx 10 to 15ft

Do you know If I'm going to have any lip sync problems with the 568.2 - this is new territory to me - previously I have just used a 36 TV

Many thanks

RON

2. markvl

markvl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi RON,

I've used a 568.2 with a projector. It has 2 separate lipsync adjustments.
    One is for the source (=input), which can delay the sound by 0 to 7 frames. This you set in the 568.2 configuration and can not be changed during operation.
    The other is to fine-tune the delay by between 0-30ms. (up to 1 frame). This can be done on-the-fly with the remote.

So all-in-all you should be able to resolve any lipsync issues your projector has.

For more information on Meridian equipment see the Meridian user's forum: http://www.softronix.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

Regards,
    Mark

3. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Hi

Thanks Mark thats very reassuring

Many thanks

RON

4. markvl

markvl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, make sure you download the latest firware from the Meridian website, or have it installed by the person you're buying your 568 from.
    Most people agree is it a major improvement!

Happy listening!
    Mark

5. Spligsey

Spligsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Ron. If you do go for one:

Defo get the latest firmware installed (hopefully the seller will do it) if not, let us know and we can assist should the need arise.

Link to new firmware (Bottom of the page under 568.2 Public Beta)

You'll need to download the WinFUP.exe zip file 1st, which is the Flash upload program, which will manage the firmware upload.
    Link here

Meridian PC Setup software which will allow you to set up the 568.2 via your PC/Laptop

You'd need a null modem cable which will connect from PC RS232 to the RS232 connex on the back of the meridian.

You can get one from Maplins - that's where i got mine & will cost you a couple of quid.

As kindly quoted before unofficial Meridian bulletin board is a great site full of very clued up Meridian users.

Let us know how it goes/if you go for one.

Adz

6. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Hi

Thanks guys

A demo I had yesterday of the 568.2 and G68 didn't go so well. I've heard much better from 568.2 in a front room. So I'll demo elsewhere and compare to some other processors before I take the plunge

Many thanks

RON

7. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Ron

Before you perform the upgrade, please be aware that it will change the overall sound of the 568.2. It makes the sound more detailed, especially in the upper ranges, which for some people, can make the sound overly bright and not to their likeing.

Other than that, major differences are unification of the presets which allows upsampling to be used on all PCM/MHR inputs, a bug fix affecting sub level with multi channel digital input (568.2MM only with Meridian 598/800/G9x series DVD-A players) and a bug fix for 5.0 movies.

Also be aware, that currently the software is only beta release, but it does appear to be extremely stable. It is believed that the upgrade is reversable but I do not know anyone who has actually backed it out yet.

-Ian