1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meridian 207 instructions and remote?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by richard s, Jan 8, 2005.

1. richard s

richard s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello

I have a 207 that i picked up used a year ago. I love it, but I can't really understand what all the buttons do. For example how can I make a play list so it misses certain irritating tracks? Is there any place I might be able to get a manual? I will keep this player until it croaks so I'd be very happy to get the full use of it

I didn't get a remote with the unit either which is annoying. I would like to get hold of one. Would I need an original meridian one or is there anything else which would do the job?

grateful for any help on these issues

Richard

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    The Meridian 200 CD transport used the Philips/Marantz codes. Otherwise a 209 will do the trick. I do have one in fair condition if you want to PM me. Don't expect a quick response as I am away.

-Ian

3. richard s

richard s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Ian

I don't know anything about remotes: are you suggesting that any phillips/marantz type remote would do the job or do you think I would something more specific?

I'll PM you on the 209

richard

4. Karma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Try contacting Meridian. They may have an instruction manual they can copy for you.

Their customer service is legendary. I used to have a 207, but sadly can't remember the button sequence to skip tracks.

Equally, just before I sold mine, to upgrade, I asked about remotes and thet sent me one...FOC. I have since always bought Meridian. There used to be a section for manual downloads on their website....but that seems to be down at the moment

Meridian Audio Ltd, Latham Road, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6YE

K

5. richard s

richard s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are right karma they emailed me a manual. I looked on the website and am so used to crappy service I hardly thought to ask them. Good service is such a rare thing and to be celebrated!

Richard