Merging recordings on Panny E85

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bhallimond, Apr 26, 2005.

1. bhallimond

bhallimond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bear with me I'm a novice

I want to dub to DVD-R ,two programmes recorded separately on the HD so that they playback seemlessly (without the need to go back to a menu).

Am I correct in thinking I've only got to creat a dubbing list containing the two programmes and it will automatically merge them into one?

PS I'm buying Maxell DVD-Rs (inc cases) at £6.99 for 10 at Morrisons - is this a good deal?

Thanks

2. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to create a 'playlist' with the two titles, using Playlist function under 'Functions'. Haven't tried it but pretty sure they will then play sequentially.

Once you have your playlist just start , er, playing it and then press'dubbing' whenever you like. The playlist will then be dubbed to DVD-R.

3. maldonian

maldonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Consecutive titles play one after the other anyway, but if you want to merge the two titles into a single title here's how to do it:

Step 1. Create a playlist containing the two titles as follows: Press the Functions button, then select Play List, press Enter to create your first playlist, scroll along the top row to the first title you want to join, press Enter twice to put it in the playlist, scroll to the second title and press Enter twice to add it to the playlist. You should now see the two titles as two chapters in the playlist on the bottom row. Press Return twice to get out of the playlist screens.

Step 2. Dub the playlist as follows: Press the Functions button, then select Dubbing, scroll down to 3 Create List and press Enter twice, press up arrow then right arrow to highlight the Play List box (above the Name of title column), then press Enter twice. You should now see the playlist in the dubbing list. Press left arrow then down arrow then Enter to start dubbing.

For simplicity I have assumed that you have not divided either title into chapters and that you have not created any other playlists.

The dubbing process creates a new single title which is effectively the two source titles joined together. You can dub a playlist from the HDD to DVD-R or DVD-RAM, or from DVD-RAM to the HDD.

4. willemb

willemb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You simply can DUB both titles in sequence within a single DUB operation - they will play as a single title although you have two titles in your menu. Only when you dislike that, you have to resort to the use of a play list.

WVB