Merging Card with HD Box Questions

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I have just ordered a Skyhd box from Skysattellites on Ebay and expecting it coming tomorrow.

However I am not so sure what to say and do regarding merging my current SkyDigital card to my new HD box.

Specifically as on my current box it says for BBCHD I need to telephone some 0870 number, does this channel automatically come on with an HD box being there or do I need to say something to Sky?.

Secondly I do not want to have the HD £10/month fee so I am not sure if I should say I actually have an HD box. As I am worried Sky will start pressuring me to have the HD subscription (I was told when inquiring about buying the box direct from sky that the HD box without the £10/month subscription costs from them £500 :mad: )

So should I say I have only a Sky+ box during the card merging?.

However my concern about this is that according to what I have read SkyAnytime is free without an HD subscription, and apparently you can get HD films and HD Programs through this.

Therefore if I say I have only a Sky+ box will this mean I will only get Sky+ SkyAnytime films, or will I also get the HD films with the Anytime automatically too.

Thanks
Anthony

SimonO

Novice Member
Call the regular Sky number and ask them to pair your existing Sky+ card to the HD box and stress that you don't want the HD subscription. I'm not at home ATM, however I'm sure that mine downloads HD movies via Anytime, but I can't view them. I'm not sure if there's a way to block HD downloads - I doubt it!?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom