Mercury poisoning

Pezerinno

I only recently heard one can get mercury poisoning from eating too much fish which worried me a little as I eat fish around 15 times a week – is this likely to cause me any harm? If I have to cut down I’m not sure what I’m going to replace it with. Thanks.

majnu

Distinguished Member
I only recently heard one can get mercury poisoning from eating too much fish which worried me a little as I eat fish around 15 times a week – is this likely to cause me any harm? If I have to cut down I’m not sure what I’m going to replace it with. Thanks.

What is the source of your information. Got a link?

That is alot of fish to eat in a week :eek:

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Have you been watching House recently?

BISHI

Distinguished Member

You've been watching Jonathan Ross ................. shocked me too that that actor fella got ill from eating too much fish...

Pezerinno

You've been watching Jonathan Ross ................. shocked me too that that actor fella got ill from eating too much fish...

Bingo! :)

I would say 15 times a week is pretty accurate. The problem is if I need to cut down I'm not sure what I will replace it with as I have chicken around 10 times a week plus pork a couple of times. I already have quite a lot of beans and nuts so they aren't an option either.

Billo

Years ago there was a perceived problem in Japan where they do eat a large amount of fish.
If you start to get taller in the hot summer months then you have too much mercury in your system ;)

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
For more on the same, try the New scientist website and type Mercury in fish into the search facility.

Lots of food for thought! (Pun so intended)

One example here

Bon appetite. :D

majnu

Distinguished Member
mercury6.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom