Mercury Meltdown Revolution - discussion thread & opinion poll

How do you rate Mercury Meltdown Revolution? (vote only after playing)

• 10 (Genre defining)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 (Below average)

• 3 (Bad)

• 2 (Very poor)

• 1 (Appalling)

• Total voters

G a f f e r

Prominent Member
Reaction score
It's almost here :clap: (release date 09/03/07)

The wiimote seems like the PERFECT control system for games like this.
I really enjoyed the first mercury game on the PSP, and I can't wait for this one.

You basically have a blob of mercury on a "maze/level" and you tilt the maze to control the movement of the blob of mercury.
The levels contain things like colour changers, to alter the colour of the blob to allow it to pass through certain gates.
Further levels had different blobs (more than one) on the same maze. This added complexity in that you'd colour one blue, go through a gate, combine with a yellow, to result in a larger green blob and go through another gate.

Overall it was fantastic fun.

Ignition have opened their Wii section and give more info on the new game HERE.

One of the best features could be the "different states of blob" feature.....where wether it is "normal", "solid", "fast liquid" or "slow" determines how the blob behaves.

A preview of the game is over @ IGN

Along with Godzilla Unleashed (Q4 2007) and Heatseeker(23/03/07), this is another 3rd party game I'm looking forward to :D

PS on the Ignition site, have a look at some of the multiplayer party games that will be included......some of them look like great fun

Thanks for the info, really looking forward to this. I was quite intrigued when I saw videos of an early prototype on the PSP, back then they were using a tilt sensor that they hoped would be bundled with the game, in the end this was dropped and the PSP game was controlled via the standard analogue stick. This should work really well with the Wiimote. :)

Cant wait for it myself, should be superb. :)

Kororinpa first though.

Great game on the PSP and one of the few my wife got into as well. Should be good with the Wiimote, but only if they get the sensitivity right (or even better make it adjustable)

I quite liked the PSP version but it got a bit frustrating on the harder levels. :devil:

Looks like the latest date for the Wii version is 30th March, seems like this date is going to be quite busy.

Definalty gonna get this, i loved it on the PSP, and i think it's a really good game to get non-gamers playing on the Wii.

No complicated rules or controls, everyone familiar with how gravity works, so it's instantly pick up and play for everyone.

I know the wife will love this.

Is it confirmed for 30th? nothing on Play.com

Found it on GAME for 30th.

While i'm here, anyone know of anywhere i can order this using paypal, except ebay.

No complicated rules or controls, everyone familiar with how gravity works, so it's instantly pick up and play for everyone.

Gravity? Isn't it something to do with apples?

Gravity? Isn't it something to do with apples?

You know what i mean. :rolleyes:

It will be instant pick up and play, even for a non gamer.

I'm torn between getting this or tiger woods, or maybe looking at my sig i should wait a bit. ;)

Some latest shots:

493564673_0c72b474db.jpg

493542928_8b7fb07c50.jpg

493564631_2cf5c2e045.jpg

493542888_6f0568921b.jpg

493542816_dece1bb647.jpg

493564477_802ed3392a.jpg

493564467_7b006f97a3.jpg

Im really looking forward to this game, but i would still love to see a Marble Blast title.

Im really looking forward to this game, but i would still love to see a Marble Blast title.

Yeah I'm looking forward to this too, it should be comming out soonish.

8th of June according to Play.com.

Sendit.com has 28th May, £29.89. Blah has 30th March though :)

Looks like this will be next purchase - nice to see a high scoring Wii title for once!

Out this Friday in the UK (8th June)

Pulling some nice scores as well:

Eurogamer: 9
EDGE: 8
IGN: 7.9
Official Nintendo Mag: 81%
NGamer: 80%

A must buy for me.

An 8 from Edge is generally a sign of a good game. :thumbsup:

yes Choices have confirmed the despatch of my game too, finally I get to had to my tally of Wii games as Kororinpa, Wii Play & Sports are my ownly games todate.

It's exactly the type of game I want to see on my Wii not loads of poor looking 360, PS3 conversions with Wii controls tagged on as an after thought.

If it wasn't for the likes of Kororinpa and Mercury Meltdown Revolution my Wii wouldn't get a look in with limited play time available, it would be PS3 & 360 all the way for me.

Can't wait.....2 more days to go :thumbsup:

Yeah looking forward to this.

Had the original on the PSP and loved it, the Wiimote should be a perfect controller for this...:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom