Mercedes Sat Nav Help

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Reaction score
Hi

My boss has just got a Mercedes SL55 AMG, (the b'stard!) and the sat nav is giving us some problems. It is an 03 plate, so I'm guessing it has the original software in it for UK. Does anyone know if there is an updated CD for the sat nav? The current one is crap and for such an expensive car is ten times worse than my cheap tomtom one. We tried entering in a local town and it took us to somewhere completely different.

It would be good if there was an updated CD which updated the sat nav software to get it to work better.

Also, we are also after a Europe Map CD aswell if this is available?

If it helps, the sat nav software is called Mercedes Comand. (one m)

Thanks
Greg

obvious first thought is; have you checked out what a merc dealer will charge for the updated cd ?

what your hopimg for is a fellow merc owner to confirm what system the unit uses, then look for updated cd's which will have the latest maps ( ie 2006)
regards

Aah sorry. My boss has the original CD so I will check on Monday to see what the software type is.

Thanks
Greg

I wouldn't waste your time. I have a Mercedes with in built SatNav and I also have a TomTom Go. No contest, the TomTom is the only one I now use as it's massively superior (for understanding directions, getting me there, interface, and in-line of sight at bottom of A Pillar, rather than lowish down in centre of dashboard)

Get it wired through the dashboard, so that there are no wires dangling to cigar lighters and job done.

I am in the process of updating my Mercedes Sat nave (the software dates back to 2001), the below website has the disks and also will guide you through identifying which one is required for which car.

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/nav_cdrom2.asp

I have been advised (yet to be confirmed) that new software may be released on Sept 1 so, if this is the case, it may be worth hanging on.

If the problem is with the firmware then all MB dealers should have a Trade disc to reinstall / update which I am told only takes a couple of minutes.

I hope the above helps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom