RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Criterion.com - WowHD

Release date: 23/11/2021 (US)

M2S_4K (Criterion).jpg

M2S_4K (Criterion_packshot).jpg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:

• New 4K digital restoration of the directors’ cut of the film, supervised by cinematographer Lisa Rinzler and codirector Albert Hughes, with 7.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
  • In the 4K UHD edition: One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
  • Original 2.0 surround soundtrack, presented in DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Two audio commentaries from 1993 featuring directors Albert and Allen Hughes
  • Gangsta Vision, a 2009 featurette on the making of the film
  • New conversation among Albert Hughes, screenwriter Tyger Williams, and film critic Elvis Mitchell
  • New conversation among Allen Hughes, actor and filmmaker Bill Duke, and Mitchell
  • Interview from 1993 with the directors
  • Deleted scenes
  • Film-to-storyboard comparison
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • PLUS: An essay by film critic Craig D. Lindsey

New cover by Sister Hyde

Last edited:
This is good news, loved this film so much as a lad, very surprised though, would never have thought this would be getting a 4k disc.

It was only a matter of time and what a treat! and yet another I can tick in my must wanted list.

Here’s hoping menace is to whet our appetite for the…….

Dead presidents 4K criterion release!!

I just noticed this has been out as a digipack for a while, but still not available in UHD streaming.
Why do so so many DTS tracks not get upgraded to DTS:X?

I finally bought it last week, Criterion titles were 50%. off.
There's a lot of bonus-material, a lot more than the old blu-ray I had.

I wish Criterion didn't use those staggered stacks for two discs, I've seen too many of those disc hubs that were broken.

1700492190910.png

You only missed part I.

This film has some bittersweet nostalgia for me, because I was there in L.A. in the period the film is about. The Rodney King rioting went down, which is featured in the film & sort an underlying theme.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom