1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men of Valor - the worst game I've played all year

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by ZeroEX, Nov 2, 2004.

1. ZeroEX

ZeroEX
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously this is just plain bad.

I'll highlight some of the more frustrating things in this game:

1. Bad collision detection meaning you end up stuck in objects and even small mounds are impassable.

2. No jump or climb meaning you have to walk around much of the small objects in your path.

3. Rubbish Squad AI, they frequently block your path only to just stand there or possibly get in the way of your shots and line of fire.

4. Stupid check point save system which wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't have a schizophrenic difficulty level - sometimes its so easy its laughable and then other times its just plain stupid.

5. Very linear track throughout each level, what I mean by this is you must follow a specific path through the level and should you decide to take a look around or even try to flank the enemy in a fire fight you are killed by a mysterious invisable enemy firing out from the distance. Trust me I've looked for them a million times and never spotted any enemy just the muzzle flash. Its the developers way of keeping the game tightly scripted but what it means in reality is that your given zero freedom. When you also take into account the checkpoint saving you'll soon start to get frustrated. This game doesn't reward exploration or tactics it just punishes them.

6. Terrible enemy AI which is just shoot and charge all the way, they seem to respawn in unlimited numbers and it quickly becomes tedious shooting such a boring enemy. The developers seem to think that they can get away with this by sheer numbers and high enemy fire damage rather than anything resembling a decent challange.

7. Some very small levels which in this day in age shouldn't happen - why not string two small levels into one larger one? In this day in age its laughable when a level is over in less than 2 minutes. When 512Mb of RAM is the standard and 1Gb is common this just shouldn't be happening. I'm guessing its because of the console ports but its just plain amatuerish when you see it on the PC with recent games such as FarCry etc.

So please avoid this title at all costs, I personally bought it on the back of the fact that 2015 (the games' developer) created the original Medal of Honour: Allied Assault but they must have either let there standards drop terribly or half the MOH was abducted by aliens before Men of Valor was created because this is miles away from what that game was.

I've now uninstalled the game and returned it to Game for a Call of Duty: United Offensive - a much better game.

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    I disagree! This has been one of my fave games of late & me & my mate play this on Multiplayer all the time on the X-Box.

The graphics are superb and the scenery (Grass, bushes, rubble etc) are all functional and you can really hide out in them. There's one multiplayer map especially which is brilliant (the one with the bombed out church in the middle) and is probably the best multiplayer FPS map i've played.

Great game IMO - especially on multiplayer! :thumbsup:

3. amped2go

amped2go

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I haven't played the game myself, but do remember reading a review with the same observations as ZeroEX and again with a recommendation to avoid at all costs.
    Maybe it's okay on the X-Box but the bugs in the PC version I've heard make it unplayable.

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    Yeah - just checked out the reviews on IGN and the PC version got 6.8/10 for both IGN & Reader reviews where as the X-Box version got 7.8/10 from IGN and 8/10 from reader reviews.

All I can say is that (for me) the X-box version is a hoot but the PC version seems worse and there are also stacks of great FPS games already on the PC so it's up against arguably tougher competition.

The downsides of the game for me are, that you sometimes get stuck on scenery (but then it wouldn't be easy to clamber over rubble, planks of wood & bushes in real life either) and that the X-box version doesn't work over the Hi Def pack via component. Otherwise a bloody good shooter (which get's more play from me at the moment than Halo2) and i'd give it around 8/10. :thumbsup:

5. ladypickers

ladypickers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Men of Valor, pure class I love it. Got bored of MOHAA and even PA is not that good online. M o V and Battlefield V are the only good ones at the mo. :)

6. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    Hi

Do you play this online then and is it just foot soldiers

Thanks

7. ladypickers

ladypickers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    z5461313 have sent u PM

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,462
    If it was bad how come you played it all year?

:D