memory

scouser mike

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if i will have to get more memory for my 360 the new update in november, i dont save much if anything to my exsisting memory.

Its gonna need 128MB. So if you don't have a memory card with at least 256MB, or a Hard Drive, then yeah.

Mike, you should defo have a look at the Hard drives. They are coming down in price massively and you can often pick them up on the classifieds here.
Biggest things that I think guys like you would benefit from are the demos. I have found them invaluable when un-decided on whether to buy a game or not. Once the new update comes we will be able to install games to the hard drive too, no more noisy drives spinning ! :clap:

You don't say but if it is a core or an arcade you have you should check the link out.
Owners of the Xbox 360 Core System fall into three categories. Active Live members with no storage, or a 64MB memory unit, are offered a free 512MB memory unit or a 20GB HDD for GBP 12.99. Active Live members with a 256 or 512MB memory unit are offered just the HDD, again for GBP 12.99. If your console hasn't connected to Xbox Live within the last 12 months, and doesn't have a hard disk, however, you're offered a 20GB HDD and three months on Xbox Live for GBP 19.99.

Owners of the more recent Xbox 360 Arcade console fall into two categories. Xbox Live subscribers without an HDD get the 20GB HDD offer for GBP 12.99, while those without a hard disk who haven't been online for 12 months get the offer of hard disk and three months' access to Xbox Live for GBP 19.99.

The Premium or Elite Xbox 360 consoles are not supported.
Euro gamer article

xbox memory upgrade site.

Thanks for all your feed back guys , i am a totally novice when it comes to xbox, computers etc so when you refer to memory , i look in my system blade and it says 9.5 think it says Mb available is this enough....soz for being dim

Thanks for all your feed back guys , i am a totally novice when it comes to xbox, computers etc so when you refer to memory , i look in my system blade and it says 9.5 think it says Mb available is this enough....soz for being dim

You should be fine with the update mate. If it's playing games from the HDD though with a standard 20GB HDD you'll probably only get one or maybe two games on there....:rolleyes:

Just wish MS would give me an upgrade solution for my 20GB HDD. I really want to play games from the HDD rather than a disc as my 360 is really noisy.

I cannot justify £120 on a 120GB drive though.:rolleyes:

You should be fine with the update mate. If it's playing games from the HDD though with a standard 20GB HDD you'll probably only get one or maybe two games on there....:rolleyes:

Just wish MS would give me an upgrade solution for my 20GB HDD. I really want to play games from the HDD rather than a disc as my 360 is really noisy.

I cannot justify £120 on a 120GB drive though.:rolleyes:

No-way ! £120 is scandalous !!!

Cheers for that, oh its not just my xbox that sounds like its got a bag full of nails inside it then. it is getting to the point were its acutally scratching the games disk. forever going to gamestation to get them cleaned.

No-way ! £120 is scandalous !!!

You'll find it cheaper no doubt but as a standard on the street price...

Xbox 360 Hard Drive (120GB)

Platform: Xbox 360 Accessories

Publisher: Microsoft

Genre:

Players:

Age Rating

Release Date: Friday 24th August 2007
NEW: £119.99 Buy New

Usually dispatched 1-3 working days

Link:eek:

Considering the same shop does the 360 60GB version with 2 games for £170.... and I paid £300 for the 20GB Premium on it own just over 2 years ago.

Last edited:
I bought a 120 gb HD at comet a few weeks ago for £59 but i think its instore only and not on the website.

Mark.

I cannot justify £120 on a 120GB drive though.
They have released an upgrade solution for you, the 120 GB HDD. They usually retail around £90 but recently Comet and Toys R Us were doing them for £60 and £75 respectively. I got mine from Toys R Us for £75 and then sold the Migration Kit for £12 and my 20 GB HDD for £20.

You'll still have the internal fans' noise when playing games on the HDD and some consoles have noisier fans than others so it's not going to be completely silent, but it has to be better than the noise from the constantly spinning DVD drive.

Cheers for that, oh its not just my xbox that sounds like its got a bag full of nails inside it then. it is getting to the point were its acutally scratching the games disk. forever going to gamestation to get them cleaned.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom