1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Upgradeable Players

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by slocombe, May 9, 2005.

1. slocombe

slocombe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone know of any players which take compactflash/sd/etc cards so you can upgrade the memory or have different types of music on each card? Most of the flash players seem to have fixed memory.

2. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My favourite is the panasonic sv-sd85. The player is excellent - as well as sd cards can also get spare mini gumstick batteries. Only down side is haviing to use Pana's SD jukebox software to transfer. There's an updated version coming soon - the sv-sd100 - which is similar but also has FM radio !!

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,767
    If you go to this page and type "sd card" in the search criteria box and then tick the box for search in product descriptions, you will see a few listed.

4. hornet_boys

hornet_boys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a cheap and cheerful MP3 player form either bigpockets or svp (cannot remember which one).

It cost £20 plus P&P and takes sd cards.

I bought a 512mb sd card from ebuyer on one of their free p&p deals cost £25 (offer still on).

I use a USB card reader to drag and drop mp3 files from the PC onto it. The files are encoded to either 96 or 128kbps and sound excellent.

If you want a throw away mp3 player then I can highly recommend it.

I know that some people will scoff and say the sound quality will be rubbish but I cannot honestly tell the difference between this one and my i-river iHP-140 (I obviously have very uneducated ears!!)

5. hornet_boys

hornet_boys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0