1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Stick Duo Pro - where will it end ?!

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by drdavewatford, Jul 30, 2005.

1. drdavewatford

drdavewatford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to admit being pretty amazed that 1gb of data could fit on my recently arrived Sandisk memory stick duo pro for the PSP - it's absolutely tiny.

Now that a 2gb stick is available, I started to wonder what the capacity limitations of this format were. Does anyone have any idea how far the capacity could potentially go. Will we be seeing 10gb sticks in the duo pro format ? 20gb ?

Transferring movies to the PSP at high res eat memory ++ (e.g. When I transferred just the Star Wars movie alone from my DVD it took up about 700-800 mbs), so the more capacity the merrier !

Cheers,

Dr. D.

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'm pretty sure I read that the format can go to 32gb - although that's a theoretical maximum and I'm sure we'll be on to a new type of memory long before we get to that.

3. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Too many flash memory types, it can get very confusing. I saw one of those XD cards at the weekend, they are so tiny, very easy to misplace, the SD card is bad enough.

The problem with higher capacity cards in some cameras is that they slow the camera down. My HP one is ok with a bigger card, but will take longer to process if I have more than 500 photo on the card. I doubt that will even happen :)