1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory speed for Canon A70?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by mellow, May 13, 2003.

1. mellow

mellow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for some thoughts/opinions.

Having taken the plunge and just bought my first digital camera, the Canon Powershot A70, I will now need a bigger Compact Flash card to be able to store a sensible number of images.

Would I benefit from getting the new fast CF cards? or is it not worth it with this model? Any recommendations for good types/manufacturers welcome, as is types to stay away from.

BTW - many thanks to nunew33 et al for useful pointers in the sticky - can confirm that Jessops are still pricematching, saved over £60 on their price!

2. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    I'd certainly recommend getting a fast flash card - i use Transcend 256mb cards in both my digital cameras and there is a noticeable impovement in both write and read speeds over cheaper, slower cards. This is especially noticeable when downloading a full card to my mac via my flash card reader.

There is a useful article here on dpreview.

Viking cards have been selling at vastly reduced rates on amazon lately (i'm presuming they are the fast variety as mentioned in the dpreview article)- you might want to take a look there and see if the offer is still running.

3. xyznicko

xyznicko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Mellow join the club, I've just got one of these cameras i'm impressed so far.

Thought you would like to know of a cheap site for the optional AC adapter if your getting one, I've just bought one at £23 (inc. delivery) and it was at least £5 cheaper than anywhere else, the links below:

http://www.camera-x-change.co.uk/details.asp?ProductID=ACCDIG-216