1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory for Fuji S7000

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by speedy_gonzales, May 22, 2004.

1. speedy_gonzales

speedy_gonzales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And on from my last post, does anyone know if the Fuji S7000 will take a 2.2GB Microdrive? There seems to be a 'Magicstor' one on the go for just over £100 but it won't be a bargain if the camera doesn't recognise it?

2. thedoc

thedoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been looking at this myself ...

As far as I can tell from comments of others it should run ok with Magistor 2.2GB drives BUT ...

I am led to believe from numerous forum comments and reviews I researched that reliability is a problem and that they run hot. I seem to remember comments that the hitachi (who AFAIK now own IBMs microdrive) are meant to be far more reliable and run cooler. Don't forget microdrives tend to eat into your cameras battery time.

For S7000, suggest either XD card (you can get XD - CF, or XD - SM converters), or a high capacity, fast CF card -- have a look on E-Buyer.co.uk to get some ideas and read other people's reviews of the product.

Anyone out there care to comment on the magistor ? (as I must admit I didn't buy one in the end after spending a couple of hours reading time & time again on the forums of poor reliabilty and hot running)

Ian