• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Memory for Asus M4A79XTD Evo AMD 790X (Socket AM3)

EnwezorN

Established Member
I've had a look at the qualified vendor listing for this AMD motherboard but I can't for the life of me find any of the memory listed.
They all seem to have slightly different part no's to the one's quoted in the list. I just was 2*2GB of DDR3 memory. Any ideas? Can I just stick anything in there. Intel P55 memory seems cheap? Why do they make it so difficult?

Cheers

MarkE19

By entering your motherboard details into the Crucial Memory site it has listed These options for it. They range in price from £93 to £130 for 2x 2Gb DDR3 kits.

Mark.

HeX00

Standard Member
You shouldn't have any problems as long as you stick to a major brand.

Corsair, Crucial, Geil, G.Skill, Patriot, Kingston etc.

Also the 'P55' or 'intel' spec memory will work fine in your AM3 board, the only difference is that it will run at 1.65V (or lower), vs the old stuff that used to be around 1.8V.

So it will actually run cooler, and use less power :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom