Memory Failure- Name this biscuit please

Gavtech

Administrator
Reaction score
I believe it was produced by Peek Freans in late 1950's/ 60's

Isosceles Right Triangle, wafer innards, covered in a thin coating of dark chocolate.

About 16 mm high. Sides approx 50 mm on the right angle.

Enough of this Geometry!

It wasn't the "Banjo" was it?

K.

It wasn't the "Banjo" was it?

Thanks Kubby... but no I don't think so.

There is a picture of Banjo at the bottom of this page.

Correct with the wafer and chocolate, but not the shape.

The isosceles right triangle is a special case isosceles... but ironically the more I have thought about it, I am inclined to think the apex of the triangle was slightly obtuse.

Vague recollections are spinning in my head that it began with a V or a W.

Vienna? Waverley?

The part of my brain that nearly still works is saying - Does it matter?
.. and of course it doesn't.

Only on AVForums :rotfl:

Can vaguely remember it but not what it was called :(

Think Vienna is right. Although I remember them, I do not recall when I last saw them or who the manufacturer was.

However, i did find a clue on
TheGlasgowStory: Macfarlane, Lang & Co

which has a picture of chocolate vienna biscuits, made by a company which became part of United Biscuits.

Any one remembers Cadburys Skippy biscuit bars? Skippy Chocolate Advert - AOL Video(no kangaroo or wallabys in them):rotfl:

Also can you remember Jacobs Club biscuits they use to say if you like a lot of chocolate on you biscuit join our club. Which was quite thick with chocolate I use to like the orange ones and occasionally the one called Fruit and was a biscuit with raisins in and covered in thick chocolate. The variety for some reason often had no biscuit in it and was pure chocolate.:smashin:
Something happened to it and the product went down hill and the chocolate was paper thin on it yet still had the same advert ”If you like a lot of chocolate join our Club”.:thumbsdow

I just found out it was taken over by Danone. Full story here Biscuit of the Week

Last edited:
Also can you remember Jacobs Club biscuits they use to say if you like a lot of chocolate on you biscuit join our club. Which was quite thick with chocolate I use to like the orange ones and occasionally the one called Fruit and was a biscuit with raisins in and covered in thick chocolate. The variety for some reason often had no biscuit in it and was pure chocolate.:smashin:

they were awesome. went nicely along side trio's. TRIO, TRIO, i wanna trio and i want one now

this is quickly turning in to a favourite biscuit thread :clap:

Last edited:
Chocolate Viennas was their name and they were my favourite.

Sorry to dredge up such an old thread but I was looking for them and realised they are no longer made.

I believe it was produced by Peek Freans in late 1950's/ 60's

Isosceles Right Triangle, wafer innards, covered in a thin coating of dark chocolate.

About 16 mm high. Sides approx 50 mm on the right angle.

One thing for sure is that no biscuit in those days was in millimetres.

(Unless you took it to double physics)

Plus I thought it was made by McVitie's or Jacobs but then I could be wrong.

My wife appeared behind me and asked what i was doing. I'm searching for a Peak Frean's triangular biscuit produced in the 50s i replied :rolleyes:.

Can you still buy Toffos?
No, they were my favourite, the fruit flavoured ones were the best but also original, mint, liquorice and chocolate were great too, gutted you can't get them anymore. But American salt water taffy is very similar so that's cool.

Texan bar was another favourite of mine from the seventies you can't get now.

And I never got to try Fry's Five Centres which sounds great.

"Vienna Biscuits" occurred to me when I read the OP. So, I guess at coming up 64 my memory's still pretty good. Mind you, I can't remember where I put that coffee cup down a few minutes ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom