1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Cards

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by RyanB, Jul 23, 2005.

1. RyanB

RyanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone, I've just purchased my first digital camera, sony p200, and have been looking around for well priced memory sticks. I have looked at the links in the "sticky", which are very good, but thought I'd check out ebay. Some of the prices on there are very low. I'm very sceptical at the best of times, so thought I'd ask for your opinions regarding using ebay for memory cards etc. Any help would be great. :D

2. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Usual ebay rules apply.............

Check sellers feedback, how long as a seller etc etc. Use paypal NOT western union for payment. Common sense really. I've bought from US and HK no probs.
    READ the advert VERY carefully to make sure you're not gonna be ripped off for £29 postage on a £5 'buy it now card'..

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I was looking at getting a couple of 1Gb CF cards from eBay, but as mentionede they all came from USA or HK with high postage costs & 'required' postal insurance (per item!). By the time this was all added together it was only slightly more expensive to buy from Amazon, with the advantage of getting the CF card within a day or two and free postage.

Mark.

4. gjc-ortho

gjc-ortho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    RyanB

Both my brother and I have brought a couple of memory sticks from these:

http://www.emartbuy.com/uk/catalog/...p_id=1&par_1=GBP&par_2=Standard&par_3=&par_4=

Very prompt delivery but I don't know what the aftersales service is like as I've never had need to bother. Got a 1G memory stick pro a couple of months ago and was delivered 2 days after ordering.

I haven't been able to find anywhere cheaper TBH.

Cheers all

5. RyanB

RyanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the response!
    I decided to give ebay a try and won an auction for a Sony 512mb pro stick for £27.99 inc. delivery. It's apparently a sealed unit from a uk source, so we'll just have to wait and see. The seller had good feedback and mailed me twice almost straight after i had paid for it, so hoping all will be fine. :D