1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory card reader

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Hawkis, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Hawkis

Hawkis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody experienced problems transferring images from pc to reader and then to DVD? I can copy images to a CF card but when I transfer to my Panasonic E60 DVD Recorder with the pci adaptor it says 'NO FOLDER'. Any ideas? Uploading to the CF card while it is in my camera is ok for trasnfer to the dvd recorder, but it won't recognize files transferred to the card while it is the reader.
    Any help appreciated as always.

2. Benrudd1

Benrudd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Hi,
    This is just a guess but I have noticed that my nikon digital camera saves all pictures in a folder on the card. So if you are copying pictures onto the card but not into a folder It could be causing the problem.
    Try creating a folder on the card first then copy the pictures into it.

Hope this helps

Ben

3. Hawkis

Hawkis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, tried it. Even to the point of naming all the folders with the file names associated with jpeg transfer!
    Thanks for the thought anyway.

4. Hawkis

Hawkis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ben, you were absolutely right, and I apologise. I was getting the file structure wrong. I thought about it again and checked out the camera instructions and worked out the hierarchy. DCIM folder must have another folder inside it that MUST be titled with three numbers followed by five letters (ie, 123CANON) and then the JPEG's go into that folder. tried that and lo and behold I didn't have to throw my wife's laptop out of the window. Sanity regained I transferred the remainder of my photos and got completely bladdered to celebrate. Cheers!!