1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory card advice xD vs SD or MMC

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Hill1, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Hill1

Hill1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

If my camera insurance doesn't pay for my camera repair ( LCD screen is split, £130 to repair). I will be looking at a new camera.
    I have 2 in mind, the Fujifilm Finepix E500 which uses xD cards, and the Canon powershot A510 which uses SD and MMC.
    My first question is: What is the diference between xD SD and MMC
    My second question is: which of these 2 cameras would be the better.
    Both are selling at Jessops for £149.99, although online they can be cheaper.
    Any advice gratefuly accepted.
    Thanks

2. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am not sure what the difference is in the cards, I know that MMC cards are almost the same as SD cards, but are slower, so SD cards are better, I think XD cards are a little faster than SD, so the camera should be able to process the picture faster. But you can get high speed SD cards.

As for the cameras, well, both Fuji and Canon makes fantastic cameras, so I doubt there is that much difference.

I expect people who owns these cameras will say his is better than the other or something like that, but the only way you are going to know is to pop into Jessops and ask if you can have a look at each camera, have a feel, what they are likein the hand, how easy they are to use and take a few pictures with them. I am sure Jessops will allow you to do that.