1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory buffer needed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ice_cool, Sep 9, 2002.

1. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I've been watching a lot of dvds so far, and find that the layer change is awful. I have a pioneer dv545 and some layer changes are ok, but some are bloody awful.

The question is:

Can i add a memory buffer device to my dvd so that the layer changes stop? I know denon has this in their dvds, but can you install a similar device into other dvd players? I don't want to buy another new dvd player!

Thanks

2. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    can anyone answer ice_cool's question?

if someone could offer this as service i think there would be a big demand,if it could be done.

dvd

3. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I wouldn't imagine so, because the firmware of the player would have to be rewritten to recognise and address the additional memory. The memory would also have to be hard wired into the player, ie soldered to the mainboard, but where would it go? My Samsung 709 suffers from the same problem, along with a low-power laser. Scratched discs (rentals etc) skip, freeze etc.