Memorex MRX-510LE won't record MP3 to CD-R media.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GAVINBOY, Dec 31, 2006.

1. GAVINBOY

GAVINBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using a New Memorex DVD Recorder Model MRX-510LE with Nero Ver.6.6 software.
    My problem is that the DVD recorder won't burn MP3 audio to CD-R media. It adds the files to be burned, but is unable to load the buffer. What am I doing incorrectly, or omitting to do? Please offer any suggestions you may have.
    I desperately need help. Gavinboy

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,056
    Hello Gavinboy

You have to enter the software a different way to handle MP3's.

I believe that Nero handles MP3's differently from the way it handles normal .wav files.
    It has a sub-utility for dealing with MP3's so look for that in 'Start smart' or in a list of the utilities...Probably called 'Make an MP3 Disk'

There's always a variety of ways to do that in Nero, different in each version, so I cannot direct you exactly.

Hopefully that is all the problem is.

Good luck.

3. GAVINBOY

GAVINBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELLO Gavtech.
    Thanks for your reply. I think I was in the correct area of the software.under the title "Make an MP3 CD". The problem is with loading the buffer. It begins to load but very quickly stops and hangs. I have to use ctr, alt, delete to end the process. Again, Thanks for your interest. Gavinboy

4. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,056
    OK - Obviously that is not the problem then.

I can only think that it is possible that there are some non-compliant MP3 files involved.

Maybe you could keep halving the number of files until you find the problem... and see if it is possible to burn.

I assume it will still be possible to do a burn simulation rather than real burns whilst you do this experimentation?
    I have only burned MP3's once before and as I recall the interface is different from the norm.

Have you burned MP3's before successfully on your current installation or is this the first batch?

5. GAVINBOY

GAVINBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gavtech,

I burnt the exact files using my regular CD burner with no errors, It's just the DVD burner that has the problem. Other types of recording has been error free, ( i.e. copy DVD , Mp3 on the DVD media.) It has something to do with CD-R media that my DVD burner can't seem to handle. Gavinboy

6. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,056
    Possibly the drive just is not compatible with the CD-R dsiks you are using...?

Or

It suggests that Nero does not have the support drivers for your drive... which may prove a major problem if it is an OEM version.

Usually the OEM version only supports the drive it came with.

If it's a full version, go to Ahead Nero site and get an update to include your drive.

7. GAVINBOY

GAVINBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gavtech,

I think you may have come up with the correct answer to my burn problems.
    I do, in fact, have an OEM version of Nero. I'll try updating. Thanks. Gavinboy