Memorable moments of 2010

Gordon B

Reaction score
I'm doing a disco on new years eve and came up with the idea of interspersing some memorable soundbites from the year in between songs and would appreciate some help coming up with said memorable moments.

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers

So far, and I only started about half an hour ago...

Lampard goal that never was
General Election
Chilean Miners
Royal engagement
Big freeze? Not sure about this one.

And yes I appreciate that it is still only November but I need to start building a playlist.:)

Final 24 and Lost (how about the 24 countdown clock sound to midnight)

Final Big Brother (2010 - you have been evicted, please leave the building)

We may know if we have the 2018 World Cup at the beginning of December.

Volcano ash thing?

If you want funny I will need to return in the morning

General Election
Chilean Miners
Royal engagement

You're kidding, right? Might I suggest you do a decade instead of just 2010, as we will be entering in a new one.

9/11
Zidane Head-butt
Jacko death

Few I can think of..how 'memorable' and applicable to your cause they will be I don't know

Haiti earthquake
Tallest man made structure in the world officially opened (Burj Khalifa)
Vancouver Winter Olympics
Polish president and many affiliates killed in plane crash
US oil spill

You're kidding, right? Might I suggest you do a decade instead of just 2010, as we will be entering in a new one.

9/11
Zidane Head-butt
Jacko death

Didn't we enter the new decade 11 months ago? 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, the 2010's

Didn't we enter the new decade 11 months ago? 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, the 2010's

Hmm good point. What a mug :laugh:

To be fair I had in my head to start at 1 and finish on 0, so 2001 - 2010, 2011 - 2020. In no other counting do you start at 0.

Actually, in that case the first ever year must have been 0, which makes no sense.

Toy Story 3

nice idea but i think what you are trying to get across will only work with images......So you have everyone at the party dancing away to lady gaga then all of a sudden over the speakers "so England knock out of the world cup after being beaten 4-1 by germany, lampard having a perfectly good goal not given" anyway back to the music.
Everyone will be wondering what is going on.
Maybe if you had pictures/videos of events throughout the year that you could project onto a wall or on a plasma.

nice idea but i think what you are trying to get across will only work with images......So you have everyone at the party dancing away to lady gaga then all of a sudden over the speakers "so England knock out of the world cup after being beaten 4-1 by germany, lampard having a perfectly good goal not given" anyway back to the music.
Maybe if you had pictures/videos of events throughout the year that you could project onto a wall or on a plasma.

Exactly what i was thinking, would probably ruin the night imo.

Spending a test day with the Williams F1 team this summer has got to be my most memorable moment of 2010.

Standing in the garage when they first started the engine up, loud does not describe it!

Attachments

• DSCF1156.jpg
    DSCF1156.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG00086-20100706-1030.jpg
    IMG00086-20100706-1030.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 119
Hmm good point. What a mug :laugh:

To be fair I had in my head to start at 1 and finish on 0, so 2001 - 2010, 2011 - 2020. In no other counting do you start at 0.

Actually, in that case the first ever year must have been 0, which makes no sense.

:D

Me realising that complimentary red wine does actually make flying quite pleasurable.

When you say it like that it sounds really lame. It won't be inbetween songs but mixed into the songs as we are going. Not just reading out a random statement but using the actual commentary from the event like this

BBC Sport - Football - World Cup 2010: Frank Lampard denied clear 'goal'

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Jermaine Jackson on brother's death (obviously edited to only include the statement about the death)

BBC News - Cameron's first speech as PM (again cut to only include 30 seconds or so)

Didn't years start at like x BC ? ;)

Plus if we started at year 0 it makes perfect sense as there had never been 1, you start at 0.00~1 nanosecond then work your way up to the first second, the first minute, the first hour, day, week, month then gradually work up to 1 year :D

When you say it like that it sounds really lame. It won't be inbetween songs but mixed into the songs as we are going. Not just reading out a random statement but using the actual commentary from the event like this

BBC Sport - Football - World Cup 2010: Frank Lampard denied clear 'goal'

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Jermaine Jackson on brother's death (obviously edited to only include the statement about the death)

BBC News - Cameron's first speech as PM (again cut to only include 30 seconds or so)

if your playing the soundbites within the songs then it might work, but you will need songs that have something to do with the event, maybe you could ask people to list a moment from 2010 and a song that could go with it.

Lampard goal that never was (Collapsed Lung - Eat My Goal)
Michael Jackson (Medley of his songs)
US Oil spill (Rolling Stones - Paint it black)
Chilean Miners (Anything by The Darkness)
Volcano Ash (Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud)
Haiti earthquake (DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince - Boom shake the room)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom