1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memento

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by videonastie, Dec 5, 2002.

1. videonastie

videonastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the Canadian Special Edition version of Memento is RCE?

2. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    well the USR1 is not RCE.
    .......But AFAIK the Canadian disc is not the same, just saw that.
    It looks like the canadian disc is from alliance, they don't RCE.......or do they?? I thought it was only Columbia who did....
    wait I think I'm confusing everyone here....
    http://www.pnc.com.au/~jmcmanus/rce.htm it says R1 is not RCE. If the canadian disc was they'd write it. But it would be better to get confirmaion from someone who actually has the disc?

3. videonastie

videonastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The version I have is the one with the snazzy packaging, with Leonard's name on it. The link you gave me, tells me that it is not RCE, yet on every/most websites they say it is? Go figure!!!!

CHEERS.

4. Spazwunkle

Spazwunkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oooooooooo

I really wanted to get this disc (the R1 Special Edition), but it stated on Play that it is RCE, and it is a pain in the arse getting RCE's to run on my player, so I left it.

But is there now hope?

Please please please can someone 100% confirm whether this disc is RCE or not??? since there seems to be differing opinions on different websites (Stating it isn't actually an RCE disc on that linked site a couple of replies back).

A confirmation would be very very much appreciated.

I wait in anticipation :)

While we are on the subject of RCE's, there isn't a chance of the Starship Troopers R1 SE not actually been an RCE disc is there? :) Since it states that it isn't actually a RCE on that linked website.

Anyone?

Or is there a chance of these 2 getting R2 releases?

5. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't matter what the RCE situation is OFFICIALLY. Play and other suppliers say that something is an RCE disk if it comes from a studio that uses RCE, whether it is or not.

In actual fact, the number of actual RCE disks is quite small. Studios often claim that a disk is RCE when it isn't. It's very hard for someone who has the disk (like I do) to actually check if the disk is really RCE or not because we would have to have access to a player that doesn't play RCE disks. Even if we manually set our player to be R1, lots of DVD players will still play the disk because of the way the region code is set.

Thus, Web pages which try to give a true list of RCE titles are the best source of reference. Ignore what the suppliers say.

7. videonastie

videonastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a multi-region Toshiba DVD player, which was definately NOT RCE coded & I took a chance on Memento & it worked fine.

Its not RCE!!!!!

8. Spazwunkle

Spazwunkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wooohoooo

Cheers lads, thats made my day

Memento and Starship Troopers are next on my shopping list.

If only I knew this during the summer when I actually had some money, and not having to wait till my next student loan comes through :)

Hmmm money for holiday, or Memento and Starship Troopers SE's....tough choice :)