1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memento r2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by shins28, Jun 14, 2002.

1. shins28

shins28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am on my 3rd copy of this ace film and all have an apparant fault. They all go into subtitle mode after 2 or 3 chapters, you may switch subs off again but then after 2 or 3 more chapters they return.
    Has anyone else heard of this or is it my player, NAD T550- but this plays all my other r2 and r1 discs ok.
    Help!:confused:

2. m.d

m.d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Memento R2, what a great film it is, don't know how it missed out on certain Oscar nominations. No subtitles appear when I'm watching it. I had a problem with Unbreakable R2, where a green bar would appear on screen after so many chapters. I also have a problem that subtitles don't even appear on my Star Wars episode 1 dvd, and on my Godfather collection I have to go through the subtitles to make sure they appear, very annoying. It's down to the Yelo 800 that though, performance is pretty dismal, but it is a budget player, can't wait to get a new player.

You say it's a third copy, the shop let you return it that many times. My local HMV is like that, where the staff don't care, they just give you your money back or swap it, in some cases this is very good because if you despise the DVD you have bought (not very often) you can just swap it for something different.