Quantcast

Melee & Crouch/Prone Controls

Ed the Penguin

As I still occasionally play Black Ops, when I get back to playing BF3 I get a little frustrated with the whole R2 for melee and R3 for crouch/prone (unlike CoD's R3 for melee and O for crouch/prone). I've looked in BF3's control options and can't find one to match. Is it there, and I'm just going blind, or is it something I'm just going to have to put up with? It'd be interesting if anyone else has this mild frustration.
Cheers

Fmrl

Novice Member
yes, I have this problem sometimes too - the R3 melee thing is hardwired into my brain after playing COD for so long... sometimes it comes in handy though (accidental drop shots ftw :rolleyes::D).

The other problem I get now is that I keep wanting to "spot" enemies when I play COD. :rolleyes:

Ed the Penguin

Well we'll see what my CoD's like tonight.. I've got crouch embedded in my mind as R3 at the moment!

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
I've got R3 as Melee & R2 as Crouch, but only because I keep accidentally pressing R3 mid gunfight and swiping with the knife is a faster animation than going prone so there's less chance for me to get killed from my over zealous aiming pressure put on the stick!

Ed the Penguin

I've got R3 as Melee & R2 as Crouch, but only because I keep accidentally pressing R3 mid gunfight and swiping with the knife is a faster animation than going prone so there's less chance for me to get killed from my over zealous aiming pressure put on the stick!
So there is a control scheme for it then? :facepalm: I'd best go take another look..

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
So there is a control scheme for it then? :facepalm: I'd best go take another look..
Yeah, it's something like 'Default' or 'Alternate', then also for left or right hands I think, so 4 options.

Would be better if you could remap individual buttons though. I'd like to put Melee on Circle and have nothing on R3.